Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piers Morgan leaves GMB.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

D

Deleted member 2719

that chart shows what news outlet those who identify as left, center, right, trust. so a matter of people's perception.

I know.

Everyone is driven by perception nowadays.

No smoke without fire?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
For the reasons I've outlined, I think you're being ridiculously over-sensitive if you think someone saying you need to grow a pair of bollocks is particularly offensive. At the end of the day, you were the one sulking on here that people your age don't matter, and I've given you good reason as to why that might be the case: it's a gross generalisation as your personal circumstances bear out, but your generation really did have it all, and have thrown it away for the young. Sorry if you feel that doesn't apply to you personally, and maybe it doesn't, but if you want the reasons why the young don't care what your generation think any more, then it's pretty clear as to why.

Expecting someone else to run around putting you first is surely the ultimate in selfishness?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
that chart shows what news outlet those who identify as left, center, right, trust. so a matter of people's perception.

My reading of that chart is that whilst the left trust the BBC more than the right, the right trust the BBC more then they trust the Mail and the Sun!!! That says a lot.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What a nicer place this is after the recent bans. Anyway, anyone know if GBTV is a full channel or just a news program?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
“An online channel providing news, factual information, commentary, discussion and satire”.

Based on broadcasting principles founded by Joesph Goebbels.

Haha! Still, it might keep some our, shall we say less complex? members busy :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Haha! Still, it might keep some our, shall we say less complex? members busy :)

I probably won’t watch it, except for entertainment where there’s a huge row (I mischievously like aggro :lolol:) eg A.Neil or P.Morgan have a combative interview with RLB, or there’s a feminist v transgender scrap.

The political litmus test for me will be Trump, QAnon, Steve Bannon.

If I get any sense that GB News is giving them any sort of platform, I’ll condemn it as Alt Right tosh.

Jan 30, 2008
I probably won’t watch it, except for entertainment where there’s a huge row (I mischievously like aggro :lolol:) eg A.Neil or P.Morgan have a combative interview with RLB, or there’s a feminist v transgender scrap.

The political litmus test for me will be Trump, QAnon, Steve Bannon.

If I get any sense that GB News is giving them any sort of platform, I’ll condemn it as Alt Right tosh.

What a nicer place this is after the recent bans. Anyway, anyone know if GBTV is a full channel or just a news program?

https://inews.co.uk/culture/televis...mpartiality-rules-ofcom-standards-head-908672
Lovely jubbly
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, that’s exactly the same rules for everyone. They haven’t been given special dispensation. I hope they go to town with as many right ring loons and extremists as they can squeeze in, it will expose them pretty quickly.
I’m sure you’ll enjoy it though, something to entertain you while everyone else it at work, eh.

A breath of fresh air for News reporting I can imagine the BBC/CH4 are about to soil their underwear
Prepare to be offended:)
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A breath of fresh air for News reporting I can imagine the BBC/CH4 are about to soil their underwear
Prepare to be offended:)
Regards
DF

I very much doubt any other news outlet is concerned. I don’t believe in offence. But there’s one very good reason I won’t be bothered by anything on there...I’m not going to watch it.

Jan 30, 2008
I very much doubt any other news outlet is concerned. I don’t believe in offence. But there’s one very good reason I won’t be bothered by anything on there...I’m not going to watch it.

Poor old wokery pokery soon to be put in the shade for 'real ' news, give it a go you might be pleasantly surprised :)
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Poor old workery pokery soon to be put in the shade for 'real ' news, give it a go you might be pleasantly surprised :)
Regards
DF

I listen to the 10pm news on BBC Radio 4 and I read The Week. I may well tune in for a laugh but I can’t see anyone with any sense finding it particularly enlightening.
Room for all sorts, as long as the balanced, centrist, non biased news outlets continue to operate unhindered, please feel free to have a go at news. Could be entertaining to a degree.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“An online channel providing news, factual information, commentary, discussion and satire”.

Based on broadcasting principles founded by Joesph Goebbels.

Presumably the time and date at the top of the hour?

As for satire, I really don't think right-wing satire is a concept which will work well in the long run. I'm not saying right-wing comedy can't happen but the idea of attacking the Government / the powerful from the top down and from a right-wing perspective seems like something destined to fail, especially with a right-wing Government in power.

"Oh look, here comes Comrade Johnson with his Politburo of Priti Patel & Dominic Raab" doesn't exactly strike me as being an idea the public are likely to latch onto.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here