Piers Morgan Debates Gun Control with Alex Jones on CNN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
*For legal reasons I should add that I have no evidence of the above, that it is entirely ill informed and not backed up by a shred of evidence and that I am talking out of my arse. Sorry Piers.

Bugger that. He's published his admission of listening to a hacked phone whilst editor of The Mirror, and offered to explain to Paxman how it was done.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"Violent" crime is only a "loose term" to those who don't like the statistics for violent crime.

And to be clear: You are less likely to be murdered in the UK, compared to the US. But, you are less likely to be a victim of a violent crime in the US, than you are in the UK.

but it is loose, because its not defined the same between countries. one of your links even raises this and i tried to highlight it earlier. one country might record mugging as violent crime while another doesnt unless physical harm is inflicted. even within the UK the stats are collected differently between constabularies and over time. you need to drill down into the numbers for context, seperating out say assualt, ABH, GBH, burgalry, armed robbery, rape etc into more defined groups, some of these aren't counted under "violent crime" in other countries.

as for anti-depressants, one has to consider the reasons for the person having anti-depressants in the first place before making any conclusions on that front. its a deliberate mis-direction (borne of another agenda to prove some other conspiracy) to bring them into this in the first place.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Just listening to this same debate on R2, that man's voice is unbelievably aggressive, unreasonable and unwilling to answer a direct question. Very akin to many, many conspracy theory followers A guy ringing in to the show said something brilliant.

That people like him when interviewed or in court are not referred to by lawyers as witnesses but as exhibits. Brilliant.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Last night.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Last night.

From those two interviews I see one moron who is wrong about gun ownership being calm when putting forward an idiotic argument and one moron who is wrong about gun ownership shouting when putting forward an idiotic argument both being interviewed by a shit.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
From those two interviews I see one moron who is wrong about gun ownership being calm when putting forward an idiotic argument and one moron who is wrong about gun ownership shouting when putting forward an idiotic argument.

Which was the "idiotic" argument?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Still missing the point by a country mile I see.

Nobody is disputing the existance of certain medications which can have further untoward side effects to mentally unstable individuals. The point is that in Yankee-Doodle-Land with its liberal gun laws, these "challenged" individuals have easy access to firearms and semi-automatic weapons. With which they can wreak devastating and catastrophic damage to many, many people in a short space of time.

And your simplistic solution to this is to arm EVERYONE to the teeth and turn the whole country into some kind of Wild West warzone.

You're a nutjob.

This.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
One happy and truly ironic ending to this saga would be for some chap to shoot that fat c**t Alex Jones dead the next time he sets foot in the UK like those yanks twunks did to Lennon. Hopefully this will happen this year and we can get that UK gun death stat up to 36! Any volunteers? I'm sure we could trick Nigel Farage in to inviting him over!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Meanwhile there's another shooting in a US school in Kern County California. How many more kids have to die before the Americans see sense?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Serious question, that I know sounds trite.

As a 42 year old British passport holding citizen, with no convictions, where would be easiest to buy a gun:-

Kansas or Kabul?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports