Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pierre Emile-Hojbjerg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was disappointed Bissouma didn't replace him straight away at Spurs, so a long way from the quality we've grown used too in DM.
I was surprised to see Biss behind Hojbjerg in the pecking order, but it seems Ange has seen that that was daft from Conte and rectified it.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As a cheap stop-gap I could see it, but not as positive about this as 90% of our other links. Especially since it doesn’t sound like he’ll be cheap at all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Postecoglou immediately worked out that Biss is a better player than Hojbjerg and Oliver Skipp. It is staggering that Conte and his entourage didn't come to the same conclusion.

Already, there is a clear working dynamic between Biss and Sarr, and this in turns frees up Maddison. Spurs are already a much better team now Hojbjerg has been benched.

Terry Connor

Oct 21, 2022
We defo need a player who is prem ready to play in the middle of the park. We will get over run on Saturday in this department and it won't be an enjoyable watch. Hojbjerg would be a perfect fit for the short term. I bet if offered to RDZ right now he would want him...but as we all know he won't be as its not the Brighton way. After seeing Webster on Sat I think I would even welcome back Cucurella right now!
Agree with this, aside from the Webster/Cucu comment.
We need someone who can cover when oppos break and is well-tuned in the dark arts. Hojbjerg reported as being very football-intelligent and would be attracted to working with RDZ.

Jul 7, 2003
I've always thought of Hojbjerg as being a bit like Oatway - one of those players that really winds you up as an opposition fan but who you would appreciate in your own team as a bit of a master of the dark arts.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not the sort of signing we make, we're already scouting the Paraguayan Hojbjerg playing in the third tier over there aged 16

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here