Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pie & a pint

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Can someone remind me how much the pie & pint deal is please? I think it's £7.00?
I have just £13.98 eCash to my name,& f**k all disposable cash. I'm hoping after buying 1st one the 10% addition will mean I can buy another one!!
Yes I'm that skint ! :(

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Don't know the answer to your question, sorry. But...

Why doesn't the discount get applied at time of purchase?

Also is it credited back instantly?

Didn't realise it worked like that until the end of the season when I'd thought I'd used up all of my money at the last game (wasn't sure if the cards were carrying over or not) and found I had money on there at the start of this.

Seems an odd way of doing it for cases exactly like yours.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't know the answer to your question, sorry. But...

Why doesn't the discount get applied at time of purchase?

Also is it credited back instantly?

Didn't realise it worked like that until the end of the season when I'd thought I'd used up all of my money at the last game (wasn't sure if the cards were carrying over or not) and found I had money on there at the start of this.

Seems an odd way of doing it for cases exactly like yours.

It does get applied immediately.

Supposing you have £20 in the account and you buy a pie & pint. The card reader will flash up your name, then immediately say something like Credit £13.00, then change again to say £13.70.

In answer to the top question, the pie & pint combo will work out at £6.30. I'd say you've enough for two pies and two pints.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
In answer to the top question, the pie & pint combo will work out at £6.30. I'd say you've enough for two pies and two pints.

I think you need the credit on the card in the first place. One pie/pint combo will cost you £6.30, but without £7.00 on the card to start with I don't think it'll work.

Having said that, the OP could buy it twice, each in a separate transaction and it would probably work...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can someone remind me how much the pie & pint deal is please? I think it's £7.00?
I have just £13.98 eCash to my name,& f**k all disposable cash. I'm hoping after buying 1st one the 10% addition will mean I can buy another one!!

When you are down to your last £ 13.98 you really do need to prioritise as to how you spend your money. What the hell are you doing thinking about spending some of it on food. You can get 3 pints with that ffs.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can't you get an e-overdraft at the bar?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It does get applied immediately.

Supposing you have £20 in the account and you buy a pie & pint. The card reader will flash up your name, then immediately say something like Credit £13.00, then change again to say £13.70.

But it debits full amount from your card and then adds the 10% back on. So in the example of the original poster if he wanted to get 2 pie and pint deals he wouldn't have enough cash to do it on his card because they would take £14 and then credit £1.40 back. Granted I'm sure they could do it in two transactions as if you the money gets put back straight away but it just seems an odd way of doing it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But it debits full amount from your card and then adds the 10% back on. So in the example of the original poster if he wanted to get 2 pie and pint deals he wouldn't have enough cash to do it on his card because they would take £14 and then credit £1.40 back. Granted I'm sure they could do it in two transactions as if you the money gets put back straight away but it just seems an odd way of doing it.

It looks to me as if he was talking about it as two transactions.

I'm hoping after buying 1st one the 10% addition will mean I can buy another one!!

But if it's one transaction, yeah - he's screwed.

I think you need the credit on the card in the first place. One pie/pint combo will cost you £6.30, but without £7.00 on the card to start with I don't think it'll work.

Having said that, the OP could buy it twice, each in a separate transaction and it would probably work...

That's my understanding of it.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That's my understanding of it.

Mine too. So you'll need a minimum of £13.30 to buy two deals, but you'll have 70p left at the end.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
When you are down to your last £ 13.98 you really do need to prioritise as to how you spend your money. What the hell are you doing thinking about spending some of it on food. You can get 3 pints with that ffs.
That's my balance from our last home game,which seems ages ago! If I could withdraw it,I probably would!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Check it again today. My balance seems to have mysteriously increased by about a quid since Barnsley, with a transaction on September 5th. ???

loyalty bonus

:D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mine too. So you'll need a minimum of £13.30 to buy two deals, but you'll have 70p left at the end.

Ah - get what ya mean now - if u do in 2 seperate transactions this works!

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Thanks for the replies. Good to know i'll be having a couple of beers & fine pies during the game. One I hope that'll leave us top of the table,by around 9.40ish.

Talking of pies,my greedy mate got through an impressive 4(FOUR) at the Wrexham game. Wonder if that's a record??

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I'm going to have a word hear, one pie is enough, use the rest on beer! only a fool would have two pies and two pints.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I'm going to have a word hear, one pie is enough, use the rest on beer! only a fool would have two pies and two pints.

You're probably right mate. Maybe pint & pint,followed by 2 pints. Subject to it being possible on my precise budget,that is. Can't be arsed to do the maths(pie charts etc) !

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here