Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Picture: Mike Bamber's dream of a future stadium (1983)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Liking the Vauxhall Chevette in the carpark.

And the fact that everyone going to the match is going in a suit. Very corporate.

thinking same thing easy....though is it a chevette? likely but don't discount the Opel Manta....

as doe opposite, has to be a lancia delta integrale belonging to player of the day

Attachments

• Opel_Manta_GTE_front_20080723.jpg
    Opel_Manta_GTE_front_20080723.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's amazing really: until the Dark Days of the mid-90s onwards, those chairmen of the club who weren't *complete* money-grabbing crooks were always talking about a new stadium, in an era when no-one ever moved to a new stadium, ever.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Liking the Vauxhall Chevette in the carpark.

And the fact that everyone going to the match is going in a suit. Very corporate.

Easy, why did you have to go and mention the Vauxhall Chevette? Back in 1975 I was the Asst Manager at Keymarkets supermarket in Lancing and our Area Manager had arranged with the local Vauxhall dealer to display one of the newly launched Chevettes in the first aisle of our shop for a week. They supplied us with a cassette of the TV advert which we had to play every 10 mins over the tannoy system for the whole week. I had this advert and song going through my head for the next frigging year, and I remember all the bloody words even now!

:eek:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's amazing really: until the Dark Days of the mid-90s onwards, those chairmen of the club who weren't *complete* money-grabbing crooks were always talking about a new stadium, in an era when no-one ever moved to a new stadium, ever.

Even Bellotti talked the talk about a new stadium, didn't he?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
What happened to the cup final tickets and the cash i am talking about the ones we sold to Manchester United :facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The one floodlight looks stupid :dunce:

I think that actually holds the safety netting up to stop the ball going out of the stadium when CMS tries a shot at the North Stand end goal.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I also remember plans to develop the Goldstone (....no not to toys r us ) but double decker stands north and south .

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Bamber was a regular visitor to the states and on seeing the stadia over there had hoped he could achieve the same for the Albion. He wanted it to be built at waterhall.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The design had private boxes over the north stand I think Tony Millard was on the sales team he was also editor of the programme:facepalm:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
They could build at Gatwick and share with Crawley I think that was muted by mr Bamber ,did Fulham ever thank brighton for paying for one of there stands! :ffsparr:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Easy, why did you have to go and mention the Vauxhall Chevette? Back in 1975 I was the Asst Manager at Keymarkets supermarket in Lancing and our Area Manager had arranged with the local Vauxhall dealer to display one of the newly launched Chevettes in the first aisle of our shop for a week. They supplied us with a cassette of the TV advert which we had to play every 10 mins over the tannoy system for the whole week. I had this advert and song going through my head for the next frigging year, and I remember all the bloody words even now!

:eek:

Geese in the back seat. Seriously. Geese!!!! Think of the amount of goose turd...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here