Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Picking Up at Gatwick

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
We hung around in the petrol station area, waited for the call that they were definitely outside the north terminal by the departures lane, then whizzed round to pick up for free.

Need to be sharpish with the case etc, stewards lingering.

This for the North terminal, for the South, same procedure but use the MacDonalds car park.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Daughter is off on her first holiday without us and I’ve offered to pick her up on her return to Gatwick. I note the cost of the pick up area is £5 for 10mins then £1 per min, there’s short stay parking at about £15 or long stay free for 2 hours with a 5min shuttle bus - which is what I’m thinking of doing as I’m tight! Any other brilliant off the radar suggestions that I might have missed?

Get her to text you as she gets off the plane. It’ll probably take 30-60 mins for her to clear passport control etc so you could leave Hove at that time and if you liaise by phone you could pick her up on the dot for £5?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
As a taxi driver leave home when plane lands .
Head to BP garage south terminal wait for call then drive through north by premier inn pick up and go
Note 30.min max exit at no BP
If need more time head to shell at south and repeat .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A minimum £5 charge now applies to use the designated drop off zone in both North and South Terminals.

Payment must be made by midnight the day after the visit to drop off passengers at the forecourt.

New number plate-reading camera technology, barrier-free traffic flow and easy payment options are in place to enable easy airport drop offs without the need to locate change or your wallet. Simply pay at your convenience using one of our many payment methods.

https://www.gatwickairport.com/to-and-from/picking-up-dropping-off/

Again wrong. You said if you enter the restricted area you are automatically charged. This isn't true. If you enter the area by mistake you must continue to drive through and not stop at all. You won't be charged as it happened to me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you follow the new rules you’ll be ok: the White Zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only.

Remember, there is NO stopping in the Red Zone.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Again wrong. You said if you enter the restricted area you are automatically charged. This isn't true. If you enter the area by mistake you must continue to drive through and not stop at all. You won't be charged as it happened to me.

Even at the zebra crossing ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's 4.10 to get the train to Redhill, don't know if that suggestion is sensible or not at least 6 trains a hour right now by the looks of it

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If you follow the new rules you’ll be ok: the White Zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only.

Don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Daughter is off on her first holiday without us and I’ve offered to pick her up on her return to Gatwick. I note the cost of the pick up area is £5 for 10mins then £1 per min, there’s short stay parking at about £15 or long stay free for 2 hours with a 5min shuttle bus - which is what I’m thinking of doing as I’m tight! Any other brilliant off the radar suggestions that I might have missed?

Drop off or pick up passenger's in the airports long stay car park, with 2 hours free parking and a free shuttle bus to the terminals, follow signs for North Terminal long stay.

To drop off for free, drive to the North Terminal long stay car park, take a ticket at the barrier and your passenger's can catch a free shuttle bus to the terminal.
Once your ready to leave, scan the ticket on exit fir free parking, up to 2 hours......:wozza:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Atlantic House which is staff entrance is good drop off area

It’s this girls first holiday without her parents; she’ll be shattered from 7 days of foam parties and no sleep. Keep it simple; stand immediately outside arrivals with huge sign which says “DAD”

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I did this for my daughter and her mates a few years back. Drove to Pease Pottage and sat happily in the cafe with a book. They rang me when they landed and I drove the twenty minutes to Gatwick to meet them straight out of the lift. Took some bottles of ice cold water with me as a taxi once did it for us on an arranged pickup at the airport and it was one of the most welcome and refreshing drinks I've ever had.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Don’t be giving me that red zone shite

I am not getting an abortion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here