Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Picking up after your dog

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
We have 2 Shi Tsu's that are lovely but bark like f*** at anything that walks past the house.

If they get out the front door they will try and attack anything - until of course they realise that most dogs are bigger than they are and would eat them for breakfast!

One of them has a poo-eating habit - quite often she will wait for the other one to curl one out and eat it almost straight from the ring!!!

Apologies to anyone eating their lunch

:clap2: :clap2:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
As a reluctant dog-owner (it's a family pet) I have to say picking up dog mess is just the price to pay. However it is generally solid - at least from our pooch.

And they are good security- not that our collie is fierce - but if you were a burglar - and there was a dog there - you'd find another house wouldn't you ?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Hiney said:
We have 2 Shi Tsu's that are lovely but bark like f*** at anything that walks past the house.

If they get out the front door they will try and attack anything - until of course they realise that most dogs are bigger than they are and would eat them for breakfast!

One of them has a poo-eating habit - quite often she will wait for the other one to curl one out and eat it almost straight from the ring!!!

eeeewwww!

I've actually heard your dogs yapping when I've cycled past with my boy! They sound like the little poodles that live across the road from me! Bloody things they are! They dont actually walk anywhere cos the owner always carries them around under each arm, they look like a couple of furry clutch bags :lolol: and my dogs just loves to terrorise them!

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
dog.jpg

Old Goat

Jun 8, 2004
Hiney said:

and then she will lick your face

:sick:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Old Goat said:
and then she will lick your face

:lolol: thats the only downside of having a dog, they dont have manners and think nothing of licking their undercarriage to death and then sharing germs with you :eek:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
i used to have a mixyblob (heinz 57) dog who was quite old (12) and she started to eat her own poo. she died soon afterwards of cancer :eek:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
eating your own poo? :nono: its just not normal is it! I think even my dog would turn his nose up at one of his 'do do's', ill, hungry, old or otherwise :D

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
This is my canine killer!
He leaves real steamers ... but we always pooper scoop them and throw them into next door's garden!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Hiney said:

Well I have a good idea Hiney, instead of sending out Mrs Hiney to give the neighbour a damn good shoeing we just send in the dogs instead :lolol: I will give you a lend of 'The Mills', he knows all about scumbag neighbours and will sort them out good and proper...............providing they dont already have a German Shepherd or something similar :eek: failing that we could just let the dogs lose and they can run riot and lay steaming hot cables all over their front garden, that will give the old crab something else to moan about :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i have never seen the point in dogs

The shit all over the place...wipe their arses on your carpet...try to lick you..and try to hump you if they can. They smell to hell after rain ....i could go on.

Silkworms on the other hand are very clean and tidy and dont try to hump you!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Race said:
I wouldnt call mine switched on! We got the stupidest one out of the litter! Unless you are at home the majority of the time they are not the sort of dog to have. They want attention and company all the time and would rip your house to shreds if left all day (and I have photos to prove it!). My spaniel is the total opposite, laid back and loves being outside.

Our Spaniel is calm too by comparison to most. She's a bit of a celebrity too - in my last job the marketing department were looking to name the dog on the kiddies disposable camera, even if it is a cartoon Rubarb and Custard sort of creation. So bored of the meeting and wanting to get things moving on I just said "mine's called Iggy, how about that?" and 7 months later, hey presto, there she is telling 5yr olds+ how to take quality pictures on Sainsbury's "Childrens's Fun Flash" camera, available in all good stores! Saying that the Supply Chain availability's gone down the pan since I left (though I'm not saying that's related!) so you probably won't get one for empty shelves! That was my greatest Sainsbury's legacy closely followed by meeting the cast of Rainbow when they were promoting Marmite at Head Office. What a career high eh? Jamie "who?!"

On the subject of picking up after your dog, only chav's wouldn't. As I've told many an old grannie who's said "well done young man, ow young man" after the dirty dog's done her deed....."Just cause it's yours, doesn't mean you won't tread in it". Top tip...feed them dry food, it's easier to scrap up....Can't believe there's a thread about picking up dog dirt but hey, you did ask....!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Look like we have a feckin Spaneil Club on here!

Latest Springer is my third Spaniel (first was in Mile Oak some 35 years ago!) ... lovely temperament and bright .... and can poo for England

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
dave the gaffer said:
i have never seen the point in dogs

The shit all over the place...wipe their arses on your carpet...try to lick you..and try to hump you if they can. They smell to hell after rain ....i could go on.

Silkworms on the other hand are very clean and tidy and dont try to hump you!

I forgot they wiped their bums on the carpet :lolol: mine havent dont it for years, its very comical when you see a dog do it but its not very hygenic :nono:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wiping their arse on your carpet is obviously not nice but you can't tell them off because it does look so funny as they pedal along with their front paws.

Ow and regardless of whether you've got an Alsatian or Poddle, always tell house insurers you've got a dog and you should get a discount - it's just the fact that they make a noise rather than whether they'll sink their teeth into Burglar Bill. Another top tip from the Portlock Seagull.....!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Race said:
I forgot they wiped their bums on the carpet :lolol: mine havent dont it for years, its very comical when you see a dog do it but its not very hygenic :nono:

They only do that when they've got worms ... so look on the bright side (or maybe not)

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
dog or no dog, footballers dont get any sort of discount when it comes to insurance (of any kind) :nono:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I'm a fully paid up member of the psycho springer club. They're loyal, friendly and very funny and as already mentioned, on the go for 25 hours a day.

Here's our nutcase, Murphy...our 18 month old devil dog

post-9-1109005198.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here