Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pickford Timewaster

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can people please stop whinging about the Everton game.

Everton should have had a penalty btw.
1699253796760.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The reason the new rules stop being enforced after a month is that invariably refs are faced with a decision, where they've got to send off a big name player for a trivial offence, so, they bottle it. It all goes downhill from there

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In addition to time wasting has the early season initiative to yellow card players that kick away the ball after the whistle now finished in November ? I saw Everton do it on at least 3 occasions yesterday - all the Brighton players pointed it out to the ref who did nothing.
Yep. Just watching the highlights now and Doucouré did it loads of times. Add players surrounding the referee – again Doucouré guilty on more than three occasions!

I honestly don't see the point in announcing these measures, then rolling right back on them after a couple of weeks of enforcing them so, er, forcefully. Just don't bother, or get some officials in who will actually do the job!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can people please stop whinging about the Everton game.

Everton should have had a penalty btw.
Was that the one where Veltman clattered into McNeill? The one where he was shoved by DCL beforehand?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Last season Everton had a set routine - Pickford would catch the ball then flop onto the ground. He would like flat on his face until one or two of his team- mates came over to him. They would press down on his back and have a chat for a few seconds before he got up then took an eternity to release the ball.

Why he was able to get away with that for so long is incredible.
This drives me mad, especially as there's usually no need at all to fall over. Should be a yellow card.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
That's poor Andy Townsend SR now.

Back on topic, Prickford is a short-armed grandstanding big-mouthed prat who sometimes scrambles across his goal line dramatically to make a save.
This! Having watched the replay of our goal on Saturday I think he goes for it with the wrong hand. I also think he flatters Dunky with the save from the free kick with a little show boat. It was straight at him and it would have been hilarious if he'd managed to punch it into the roof of the goal in his attempt to look spectacular.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I thought he released the ball when it was in play faster than most, especially when they were trying to stretch us on the break.

The egregious thing, obviously a directive from the worm eater, was pretending they were going to take a short goal kick every single time, only to push everyone forward after about 10 seconds of not finding the right pass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here