Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pick ur tea for port vale in the 4th round fa cup

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The thing is, I'm out in Sweden at the moment and everywhere you go it's bloody impossible to get a cup of decent, plain, simple tea. At every cafe it's a case of picking from an array of 15 jars behind the counter containing every bloody variety you could imagine EXCEPT proper tea.

A typical transactions goes like this:

Me: "Hello there, I'm English. Do you have English Breakfast Tea?"
Swede: "No - but we DO have EARL GREY"
Me: "No thanks. I hate earl grey"
Swede: "But it's the same thing?"
Me: "FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

As a result of this MADNESS, my partner almost always has a couple of PG Tips teabags in her handbag at the ready and just orders hot water with a drop of milk. Now personally I'd prefer Yorkshire Tea. It gives a far rosier cuppa AND, due to it's flat bag, is even more portable than the pyramid bags which PG produces. I reckon you could probably get a single emergency teabag in one of the credit card slots in your wallet. And that's the main thing really.

Do you know what I mean?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I would pick a strong team as good chance of getting to 5th round and a big pay day ay home. The only one would consider resting with be the man from argentina. other than that play all.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I would pick a strong team as good chance of getting to 5th round and a big pay day ay home. The only one would consider resting with be the man from argentina. other than that play all.

I'd also rest Orlandi. We know his knee is dodgy for now, and currently causes problems after matches. I doubt we'll get 90 mins from him on the Saturday, followed by another 90 mins v Burnley on the Tuesday myself.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'd go with a nice cup of Tesco's Peppermint and Liquorice please - mmmmmmmm!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
A bit prejudice against coffee drinkers. Cant we have a thread about what coffee we would pick for the Port Vale game?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'd also rest Orlandi. We know his knee is dodgy for now, and currently causes problems after matches. I doubt we'll get 90 mins from him on the Saturday, followed by another 90 mins v Burnley on the Tuesday myself.

It's interesting that people are talking about resting Orlandi and Ulloa. Ulloa was rested against Reading and was very poor against Birmingham. I really think he needs games. As for Orlandi, if he can't start a game without these problems coming back, then there's limited point in having him available and we need to get the problem looked at. To me, he needs match fitness and games like this are a chance to give it to him.

For what it's worth, I imagine we'll play a similar team to the one which beat Reading with options on the bench if needed. Will be interesting to see what Oscar goes for though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice to see all this infusiasm for the Cup

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We should be play our strongest team, blitz them and march through to the fifth round.

And on the tea front I'm not fussed, as it comes, milk, no sugar.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A bit prejudice against coffee drinkers. Cant we have a thread about what coffee we would pick for the Port Vale game?

Coffee for me too :thumbsup:

Whilst in sunny Burslem I would pick a strong team.
Strong physically (I remember Adams' style) and in terms of experience.
A chance for Brez to atone for Stoke. Calde, Adam, Dunk & Chicksen, Bridders if still here (Andrews if not) Kemi, David & JFC with Solly and Obika (or if not permittex by Spurs, then has to be Leo).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, squirty cream and a flake.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Tried a lovely tea when down in Bristol just after Christamas, Tregothnan classic tea. From the only tea plantation in England, in Tregothnan in Cornwall funnily enough. Was a delightful brew. No milk needed and was an absolute joy. So much so I'm about to buy 100 bags of it for about £30 online

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Coffee for me too :thumbsup:

Whilst in sunny Burslem I would pick a strong team.
Strong physically (I remember Adams' style) and in terms of experience.
A chance for Brez to atone for Stoke. Calde, Adam, Dunk & Chicksen, Bridders if still here (Andrews if not) Kemi, David & JFC with Solly and Obika (or if not permittex by Spurs, then has to be Leo).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here