Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Phrases you hate people saying

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think some people are defiantly misspelling it.

As in, "Antidisestablishmentarianism is a very long word. How do you spell it?"

I haven't fallen for that one since the late 1950s!

:lolol: (for those that need a :lolol: before they get the point). ............................. sigh

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I need some “me time”

Good listening ( to young kids who do what they’re asked)

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
"Do you eat fish?"

No, I'm a vegetarian. I've just told you that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
“I can say anything I like no matter how inaccurate or offensive because it’s freedom of speech”

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A long time ago I worked for a recruitment company.
I went to visit a customer, a HGV distribution type outfit.
On that day I was in Mrs Choppers company car, a BMW 328i.
As soon as I pulled up the warehouse manager came out and said "They are paying you too much money"
"It's my wifes company car I replied.
"Well, they are still paying you too much money"
Absolute w@nker of a man.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
“I’m not racist, but...” - usually followed by racist diatribe.

Or

“I’m not trying to be rude, but...” - normally followed up by degrees of rudeness.

Or

“I’m not trying to be funny, but...” - you’re right, you’re not!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
"Do you eat fish?"

No, I'm a vegetarian. I've just told you that.

I’m sure I’m not alone in knowing vegetarians who would describe themselves as pescatarian…….. which always made me wonder why they normally used the V word!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
People triumphantly proclaiming, "Well, that proves you are then" to anybody who dares to point out that they're not racist. Sometimes people do tell the truth, although the false sense of entitlement to the higher moral ground if you can "prove" they are more racist than you is obviously very tempting to many, especially if you're among people that share the same view as you, that anybody who says they're not racist is by definition lying. The close comfort and warm fuzzy feeling of being in the 'OK' mob.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has anyone mentioned the "Why can't some people not realise that if UncleTony doesn't shell out anither £20, £30 or £40M strker NOW we'll be doomed to relegation and it'll be like last season all over again" (when we quite comfortably avoided relegation quite handsomely - sorry, I must have missed the bit where we went down!)

Pray tell me - where can I donate to the '"Any Striker to save Brighton and Hove Albion even iif they turn out to be useless fund"?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
'My opinion is just as valid as anyone else's' when they cannot justify it in any way

valid
/ˈvalɪd/

adjective
of an argument or point) having a sound basis in logic or fact; reasonable or cogent.
"a valid criticism"

So my opinion on Brain surgery is just as valid as an experienced Brain surgeon's is it :dunce:

Last edited:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
"Oliver, we all love you very much. We'll always be here for you, no matter what. Happy second birthday."

When adults use their Facebook wall to talk saccharin-covered shite to their non-reading-age children, who also don't have access to Facebook.

Makes me do little bits of sick in my mouth.

Vile.

Oh, and 'guys'. **** off.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
"Oliver, we all love you very much. We'll always be here for you, no matter what. Happy second birthday."

When adults use their Facebook wall to talk saccharin-covered shite to their non-reading-age children, who also don't have access to Facebook.

Makes me do little bits of sick in my mouth.

Vile.

Oh, and 'guys'. **** off.

:)
Every time I think about joining Facebook I see a comment like yours and remember why I’m not on it.

Also never been a fan of ‘guys’ :glare:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When people mangle tenses to predict what they believe may have happened had circumstances had been different, in the mistaken belief that it makes them sound like they are a tv or radio master-pundit, rather than a knob.

"If that shot hadn't been deflected, the keeper is saving that."
"If he hadn't had a time penalty, Hamilton is winning that race."

etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here