[Misc] Phrases you hate people saying

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
these must have been covered but "could of" instead of "could have", also Can I "get"- why don't people understand the very different meaning of "get" and "Have"

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Horrible phrases are ‘the new normal’ ‘at the end of the day‘ 😫

Last edited:

WestYorkshireSeagull

Dec 28, 2021
"Like I said..." or "Like I said before..."
An eye-rolling phrase in the overly saturated and under-skilled world of football broadcasting. The reason they've said it before because the pundit has waffled the same drivel about that team for months.
Thank god we finally managed to start scoring goals after always wasting our chances - if anything for my own sanity of watching Albion-based content 🙃

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The false modesty phrases all over social media;

“I’m truly humbled to be have the opportunity to support the limbless albinos of Kathmandu by having a holiday in South Africa and walking up a mountain”

“I’m grateful to be able to say I have been offered the role of blah blah blah”

Etc

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hilarious.
Over used about things, actions, quotes, views etc. that are far from being very funny. Often used in a sarcastic manner.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
When I worked in admin the one that did my head in was an email requesting something ' by the end of play '. FFS it's not a cricket game!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Earlier in the year I heard someone refer to "cozzy livs" for "cost of living", the sentence being "the old cozzy livs doesn't seem to have affected them yet". I'm 99.9% certain they called the platinum jubilee "platty jubes" too.
IMG_0576.jpeg

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I never knew this ! Or am I being ‘whooshed’ as I may be the only person I know who has never seen that film ?
Supposedly the real exorcism that the film is based on happened at different places in St Louis, Missouri in 1949. My relative was in the psychiatric ward at Alexian Brothers Hospital in South St Louis where supposedly some of the real exorcism took place. It was a boy not a girl and he was actually from a suburb of Baltimore, not DC. They actually had the ward closed mainly because the employees were spooked by the stories. In 1975 when I was a boy, there was a demolition crew that was supposed to tear down that wing of Alexian Brothers Hospital on Grand Ave. in South St Louis. My Grandmother told me that a friend of hers worked in the kitchen at Alexian Brothers and saw the demolition ball swing towards that wing of the hospital that was supposed to be demolished but it swung away at an almost 90 degree angle to the way it was supposed to & totally missed the target. Nobody could figure out why it suddenly changed the direction it swung. I later saw that psychiatric wing before they finally were able to knock it down. It didn't look unusual or anything. Just old.

Amazon product

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
‘Brighton in talks’ …the clickbait of 3rd rate media hacks
The silent majority.

The will of the people.

🤮
Ah, the power of referenda

“The ‘people have spoken’

As they did in Brexit - That would be the 52% that voted leave out of the 72% of the overall eligible electorate that even voted - A 3.8% margin of voters that fundamentally changed the way this Country is run - while 29% didn’t even vote at all. Or eg. the ‘people have spoken’ in a FPTP General Election where the Party forming the Governments can been elected on less than 44% of the popular vote from a turnout of just 67.3% of the electorate. (2019 GE)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports