[Misc] Phrases you hate people saying

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
In the context of pundit speculation on a particular new Albion manager, I am sick of the patronising 'no disrespect, but.....'

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
In the context of pundit speculation on a particular new Albion manager, I am sick of the patronising 'no disrespect, but.....'

Yes, true enough.

Using the same root word I am absolutely fed up of hearing 'As a mark of respect.'

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Sorry if this has already been answered in the last year and a half, but it’s because they are named after Hamburg.

they were called beefburgers when i was a lad; it's all changed now of course, and not for the better! mr. the optimist

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Curated ........which normally means it's more expensive

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Now then, now then, now then.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Curiously enough I used to really hate the phrase ' it is what it is ' but I actually really now like it and find it applicable to many situations.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The customers always right….

No their feckin not

I think in a lot of cases that one is more figurative than literal.

I once spoke with the boss of America's biggest and most profitable car dealer and he said: "The customer is always right, even if they're wrong." Essentially, if you always do the 'right' thing for your customer base, you'll be a success.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Curiously enough I used to really hate the phrase ' it is what it is ' but I actually really now like it and find it applicable to many situations.

Sometimes used in ridiculous extremes by folk who don't want to know about any issues, ever e.g. man's destruction of the planet or Putin's murderous wars.

"Oh well, it is what it is".:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports