Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phrases or Sayings for Room 101

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Shouting the word "awkward" in a stupid voice at situations that are not actually awkward.

Mostly a women thing and must be a spawn of TOWIE

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If I was Prime Minister/world overlord, anyone that says: 'lush', 'amazeballs', 'cheeky' (usually followed by Nando's), 'totes', 'swag' or says ridiculous shit like 'I want to die' or 'I'm literally going to die', would not be allowed to reproduce.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This exact thread happened about a fortnight ago.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
'Xx more sleeps', especially from adults. You're not a 3 year old waiting for Christmas you twonk
'Amazeballs'
'Like'
'In that space' (management BS - 'he operates in that space'
'Going forward'

Insomniacs, cheer up, only 3 more sleeps til Christmas!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
This exact thread happened about a fortnight ago.

And the fortnight before that.

You can predict exactly how they'll go as well, it's like we get it, people saying "Can I get...?" and amazeballs is a cardinal sin. Miserable *******s.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know. These are sort of People that go to cafe rouge, eat moules et frittes and believe themselves to be highly evolved. How people can get so wound up about how others speak is beyond me. In the words of the inimitable Dave Angel: The world keeps turning and we ain't learnin'.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anything described as "a cheeky..... "

Used exclusively by tossers.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
the phrase - "I put this together for your perusal, as a starter for 10"

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Seems like we're all using the Tim Lovejoy reference book of 'sweet' phrases.

I dislike bedwetters, bestie (ridiculous that grown men use playground lingo in this way), tinterweb and that awful superfluous Americanism which is now gently creeping into UK lingo: Period.

I've heard it a couple of times recently.

I'm not going back to that place again, PERIOD.

Can it ever be necessary? No it can't, PERIOD.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
'So' I'm going to carry on talking as you hadn't asked a question but as if you had interrupted me and I carry on saying what I want to say and babble on in an irritating trans Atlantic way with plenty of cliches.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Anything described as "a cheeky..... "

Used exclusively by tossers.
It was intended to be self deprecating irony originally but has become overused. I say irony because obviously it is of no consequence that you are for example having a pint or a biscuit or gone for a swim etc So one says cheeky as if you are being really daring or naughty when obviously it's not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here