[Brighton] Photos of Brighton 1976

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I have a quick question.... Is this Peppa at the hungry years a scary spanish woman ? If so i was barred too ... standing on a chair i think !

Scary? Yes. :lolol: Not Spanish, though, as they moved here from Cyprus. Pepa banned a LOT of folk - some for a short while, others, permanently. She had a very annoyingly excellent memory for faces.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Ha, we're the same age as I also left school [Longhill] in 1976 - the long hot summer ....

Never went in the "Years" I was more a [oh what was it called before Busby's - on the sea-front [not Jenkinsons] but part of the Top Rank [not the Suite either]

Happy days and marvellous scenes

"The Rev(olution)" ?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I used to go there most Sunday lunchtimes as Dad used to playt in a jazz band there and it was just the upstairs single unit.

Fortune of War

I Remember them well !,
Think it was sunday nights for us
3 piece band , pianist wore glasses , got any photos ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I can only remember Woodbine playing there, with Stu Parks (?) who was/is also a taxi driver?

We used to go and watch Woodbine @ the White Horse in Steyning around '90/91, then in 93 Stu got T Bones back together and they did a 30th anniversary gig @ the Concorde. I still have my ticket.

I saw Stu play with Bob Brookes and Dave ( Borderline) one Sunday afternoon at the Duke about 2 years ago, Stu was still on top form. Sadly he'd not been too well this last year or so and he died in June. Nearly 60 years of gigging.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
We used to go and watch Woodbine @ the White Horse in Steyning around '90/91, then in 93 Stu got T Bones back together and they did a 30th anniversary gig @ the Concorde. I still have my ticket.

I saw Stu play with Bob Brookes and Dave ( Borderline) one Sunday afternoon at the Duke about 2 years ago, Stu was still on top form. Sadly he'd not been too well this last year or so and he died in June. Nearly 60 years of gigging.

Aww...that's sad to hear - he was such a cool guy. He always put me in mind of Jon Lord.
Top band, Woodbine, were.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Aww...that's sad to hear - he was such a cool guy. He always put me in mind of Jon Lord.
Top band, Woodbine, were.

Agreed, top quality lip weasel too.

Dave told me he had terrible trouble with his legs, reason being he would never walk anywhere!

He had a great voice and such a smooth bass playing style.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
That’s what took my attention too. I had my 18th birthday do there, and then almost everyone else in my class at BHSVIC did too. 1983. Makes me feel old!
Thursday night, free room hire as long as you had plenty there to drink the beer.

We were probably in there at the same time - a long time ago!!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I have a photo somewhere taken from that hot summer of 1976 of some of the lads outside the Bosun one Saturday or Sunday afternoon. The photo was given to me only a few years ago. If I can find it, big if, I will post it. I can only remember half the names from the faces of that photo. Old age I suppose.
Bosun photo.jpg
I have found the photo of some of the Bosun lads that was taken in that long hot summer of 1976. I know the names of 7 of the guys in the photo - Steve R, Lee P, Jeff W, Kev B, Boris ?? Kev B and John B. Not sure of the names of the others. I don't even remember the photo being taken. Some of us have just come up from the beach. Remember this is 1976 so don't take the pi$$ out of our hair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports