Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Or this one.

AVE IT !!!!

View attachment 100019

I think most folk have moved on from ghoulish jingoism. I think the armed forces were right to re-take the Falklands but I won't celebrate one single death, Argentine or British. A load of conscripted kids went down on that thing.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Here's a photo I took in Leeds in 1982. Very similar in subject matter to one of Murtha's photos in link which she took in 1980. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking this photo now for obvious reasons. I didn't give it a second thought then...
2018-08-23 19.25.31.jpg

Here's Murtha's photo taken two years earlier...

p06j429g.jpg

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I done a picket with the miners. OB were very robustly making full use of their truncheons.. ooh err madam

Good pal of mine was OB during the strike. Absolutely the worst time of his career (apart from the massive amounts of overtime, obviously)

Edit - says his second worst was The Goldstone in the 70/80s

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Good pal of mine was OB during the strike. Absolutely the worst time of his career (apart from the massive amounts of overtime, obviously)

Edit - says his second worst was The Goldstone in the 70/80s

I'm sure there was much worse than the Goldstone. Most games it was a library.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good point, for all her faults, and she had many, I think if Mrs May had inherited some of her qualities then this country would be in a far better position than it currently is.

You’re mad Ian.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was until it started manipulating the news.

You mean the reportage of the updates from the Falklands? But what about Kate Adie? The beeb manipulated the news from day 1 (when Orwell worked for them, broadcasting propaganda to India). But I still think they are more transparent and balanced than any broadcaster. Name me any better.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You mean the reportage of the updates from the Falklands? But what about Kate Adie? The beeb manipulated the news from day 1 (when Orwell worked for them, broadcasting propaganda to India). But I still think they are more transparent and balanced than any broadcaster. Name me any better.

Channel 4 news.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When I saw the article this morning on BBC website it had the run line of “Thatcher’s Britain”. But you are quite right, it no longer does. Seen that before many times on the BBC. Just thought it was interesting. Sorry if I disappointed y’all!

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Channel 4 news.

But that's not a whole channel providing a range of products: sport, news, music, current affairs, minority intrest coverge, etc. That's just one programme.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But that's not a whole channel providing a range of products: sport, news, music, current affairs, minority intrest coverge, etc. That's just one programme.

My original comment was about news. I agree the BBC does have good programmes, and what sport it is still allowed to show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here