Photocopier rental advice for small business

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Have been offered a photocopier for mid size jobs at a rate of 1p for normal and 7.5p for colour but must do a minimum of 1000 copies of either a month. No monthly charge apparently. Does this sound like a good deal ? Can't imagine we'd do much more than 1000 copies a month.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is the thread EVERYONE has been waiting for.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Depends how much the toner and other consumables cost, how long they will last and if you can purchase them independently. Also how much does the servicing cost. £10 a month seems very cheap (assuming you don't do any colour stuff).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who does photocopying nowadays? I've got my own photocopier and the ink costs a a penny a page but I hardly even use it. Used to spend £100+ a year at the Library but that was in the last century.

There might be a market for small business copying for flyers, pamphlets, small booklets etc. I used to be a client. Machines often broke down and a complete service with stapling machines etc helps. Regular clients needed to pay the maintenance contract normally as the machines keep on breaking down.

I am out of touch now. Are paper costs extra?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports