Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Photo Storing Websites

Snoop Dogg

Jun 19, 2009
Hi, I'm travelling for the next 6 months, and was wondering if anyone can recommend any websites for storing photos until I get back home? I don't want to put them on Facebook as they end up getting reduced in size.

Someone recommended a site called Snapfish the other day - Has anyone used it or any others which you would recommend?

Thanks in advance

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Have you considered getting a memory stick and storing them on that? Guess you can lose that so if you want to make sure you dont lose any then thats not the safest way.

Otherwise as suggested above flickr is excellent

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
There's also Photobucket

Just a thought, but if they're priceless pics, as trip of a lifetime ones might be, I personally would upload them to two sites, just in case a disaster strikes one, you've got a back-up ???

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Have you considered getting a memory stick and storing them on that? Guess you can lose that so if you want to make sure you dont lose any then thats not the safest way.

Otherwise as suggested above flickr is excellent

I was going to suggest carrying a printer in a backpack with a small generator and a few reams of paper so he could print them out, then either mail them to his home address or carry them round, maybe with a duplicate copy of each one in case they got lost or stolen.

But no, probably best to use Flickr.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Photobucket, Flickr, Facebook i guess would do it, dropbox... definatly keep a local copy on a computer or memory stick. invest in several SD cards/memory sticks.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Photobucket, Flickr, Facebook i guess would do it, dropbox... definatly keep a local copy on a computer or memory stick. invest in several SD cards/memory sticks.

Sorry, but Facebook is a shit suggestion. As opening post says, it resizes images automatically (and often makes them looks pants).

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Flickr is good, but with the free accounts there is a 100 MB upload limit per month, and only the newest 200 photos uploaded are displayed. I am not sure what happens after you have uploaded 200 photos, but I have a Flickr account and am getting close to the limit and have started thinking about other sites.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well you could always - shock horror - pay for it.

$25/£17 a year is nothing if you value your photos.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
can you Hotlink from Flickr accounts to say.....NSC? or will it come up with some image saying NOOOOOO ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Seriously, as said, Flckr

DanielT

Dropbox is great. It puts a folder on your PC, you put you stuff in it and it syncs to secure Amazon S3 servers automatically. You can install it on any PC (Linux, Windows or Mac) Android & iphone phones have an app for it (blackberry coming soon)

You can also access your files online through a web interface. There's also a public folder where you can send a link to people so they can view files in that folder.

Free 2gb account, but I pay for $99 a year for a 50gb.

I don't work for them, or get anything from recommending them, I do so because its fantastic!

http://www.dropbox.com

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I was going to suggest carrying a printer in a backpack with a small generator and a few reams of paper so he could print them out, then either mail them to his home address or carry them round, maybe with a duplicate copy of each one in case they got lost or stolen.

But no, probably best to use Flickr.

Well considering I travelled and did exactly that it seems that you don't have a clue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here