Phone in

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
The bloke has to go.Annoying voice and rubbish half gags and he loves himself. Sorry BBC get an albion fan in who knows what he about please. If that is general view then can NSC's get something to put to the beeb. Maybe a rolling prsenter fom a few of NSC's finest (not me).

Oh crickey he's just got his mat to phone up.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The bloke has to go.Annoying voice and rubbish half gags and he loves himself. Sorry BBC get an albion fan in who knows what he about please. If that is general view then can NSC's get something to put to the beeb. Maybe a rolling prsenter fom a few of NSC's finest (not me).

He'll be on the carpet for that in the morning.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village

"Blimey - more than 3 million of the highest quality posts anywhere on t'internet!" :jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i await the call :jester:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When will people learn how to pronounce "Forster?"

I think it is an age thing. My dad fails every time despite being told about a thousand times!!

Anyone over 45 seems to say Foster, including Norman Gall. Presumably someone has told him??

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nothing wrong with the bloke, actually engaged with callers even the weird ones who seem to think Hart is better than Murray

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He is an Albion fan and he's a f***ing good comedian, seen him at Komedia many times.

Spot on. Some people on here would only be happy if they had Jonathan Ross hosting the bloody phone-in. And even then they'd probably complain that he's not a bona fide fan. SG's a top quality comedian, a true Albion supporter and from everything I've ever seen of him, a decent bloke too so slagging him off is ridiculous. If you don't like what he says, call in and tell him so. Or at least offer a viable alternative (Dave the Gaffer anyone? give me a break.. I used to turn it off the second he called Harty, let alone hosted the bloody thing).

Maybe if a few more people called in that weren't complete muppets, it might be more listenable?

The problem at this stage in the season, with a new squad that we haven't yet seen succeed in anything, is that everyone has HOPES, but no-one has yet got a properly considered OPINION about how things are going.

The phone-in works best when it's an interplay of people with real opinions. We haven't got there yet - and we won't until we see a few Albion goals and a victory or three.

Trying to get a debate going about whether Dickinson works best alongside Murray or Forster is like asking me for an opinion about what sort of sushi I prefer. I haven't got a CLUE - since I've never tasted the stuff.

And since no-one yet has a properly formed opinion about how the season is unfolding, it's hugely unrealistic to expect a decent discussion to develop - especially in the aftermath of a disappointing 3-0 defeat that none of the callers saw.

Apart from anything else ... it's IMPOSSIBLE to host a phone-in with no-one to talk to. At the very least the BBC should plonk two people in front of the microphone, rather than expect a host to fill in the time waiting - and waiting - for the first caller.

If we only have one voice to listen to, it's going to be very poor radio - whoever is the owner of that voice.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The problem at this stage in the season, with a new squad that we haven't yet seen succeed in anything, is that everyone has HOPES, but no-one has yet got a properly considered OPINION about how things are going.

The phone-in works best when it's an interplay of people with real opinions. We haven't got there yet - and we won't until we see a few Albion goals and a victory or three.

Trying to get a debate going about whether Dickinson works best alongside Murray or Forster is like asking me for an opinion about what sort of sushi I prefer. I haven't got a CLUE - since I've never tasted the stuff.

And since no-one yet has a properly formed opinion about how the season is unfolding, it's hugely unrealistic to expect a decent discussion to develop - especially in the aftermath of a disappointing 3-0 defeat that none of the callers saw.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Excellent post, LB.

I've seen Dickinson play for less than a game and Dickinson and Forster for what? 10 minutes? Impossible to say at the moment.

One thing I'd say is that I disagreed with Paul Camillin tonight when he said that Murray and Fortser struggled together. IMO quite the reverse, they compliment eaxh other well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you don't like what he says, call in and tell him so.

A very good point.

I have not heard the new guy yet BUT I do know that Harty got rather stale and predictable. It certainly needed a change.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There are some right knobheads here who will knock anybody who hosts the phone in, complain that it's boring but won't go on, preferring to be keyboard warriors.

Steve did a couple of phone in's last year and was extreemly popular at a time everyone was slagging off Harty

Steve, don't be downharted by coments on here, especially by those who have nothing positive to say. We'd all miss the phone-in if it wasn't there..

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
instead of one person doing the phone in then what about 3 people in the studio, all commenting / debating and taking calls. Then a cross section of views and a bit of momentum to the show. It also might get rid of that annoying "let me be original and think up a topic for all of you to get annoyed about" habit that seems to be the theme of a phone in show these days. The best one was danny baker, as that was about the culture of football, not some left back (that is where Alan Greeen went wrong on 606) but the albion show will always be more limited as its just about the albion.

Sorry to steve, I didnt realise he was a comedian as well. sort of explains the desire to be a smart alec! I just thought he was trying to do he whole.. "im so clever and if you lot are not" kind of thing that is very grating.. Harty was a better smart alec and he has the battle scars of an albion fan, whether you agree or not with him (which half the time I didnt) but everyone has to start somewhere.

Panel of 3 Steve?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports