Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Phone help needed

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I dropped my phone yesterday and the screen broke, so cannot see anything on the acreen, the repair cost is not worth it so bought a new galaxy

Anyway, does anyone know how I can clone the old phone to get all my apps and contacts etc onto the new phone, cos I can't get into the old one as the screen os not visible

any advice greatfully recieved ta

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don’t Galaxy’s backup to the cloud?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I
I dropped my phone yesterday and the screen broke, so cannot see anything on the acreen, the repair cost is not worth it so bought a new galaxy

Anyway, does anyone know how I can clone the old phone to get all my apps and contacts etc onto the new phone, cos I can't get into the old one as the screen os not visible

any advice greatfully recieved ta
I used the Smart Switch app to copy data from my old Galaxy to my new Galaxy. Worked pretty well. You only had to have the two phones in close proximity and configure so they could 'see' each other. Not sure, but I think it might work with any two android phones

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I

I used the Smart Switch app to copy data from my old Galaxy to my new Galaxy. Worked pretty well. You only had to have the two phones in close proximity and configure so they could 'see' each other. Not sure, but I think it might work with any two android phones
I’ve just got a new android (different manufacturer to my old one)……transfer of everything was incredibly simple via google (USB C cable to cable but can also be via Bluetooth/wifi). If the old screen operates even if not visible (?) I think from memory you need to do nothing more than unlock the old phone. All the commands and options are executed on the receiving phone.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I had this prob after my phone was driven over and I couldn't input my code to transfer pics etc to pc. I took it to a shop in Baker Street, they are really good. They say how much it will cost & don't charge anything if they can't fix it, transferred all my pics and vids to a usb stick. One of my phones became a mission for them to try and fix, it was in there for 2 weeks. They didn't charge me a penny.

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I

problem is you need to be logged into the old device with the pin code first

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here