Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone Hacking verdicts

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I was hoping that rancid old **** was going away for a stretch.

Even if she was found guilty, the maximum sentence would have been two years. Chances are she would have been out in nine (or less) after weeding a few flower beds at some cushy open jail. Or maybe a suspended sentence? The Chipping Norton club move in mysterious circles.

But the horrible cow got off so sadly its irrelevant now. Maybe Ross Kemp can bring a retrospective assault and battery charge against her? punk:

franks brother

um.... a professional liar hires another professional liar to lie for him and then tell that he will go to jail if he lies??.... um... I don't get it. But there again there is 'parliamentary privaledge' or some such bullshit to let everyone off the hook if they have enough money

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
This line from the Beeb web-site made me chuckle for some reason.

An emotional Mrs Brooks had to be taken away by the court matron on hearing the verdicts.

I never knew such a thing as a court matron existed.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I don't know why but every time I see a picture of her I always think "bet she's got a messy minge."

Like a bag of cow tongues. Or a stab wound in the back of an orang-utan. You get the picture...

I bet her growler smells like the back of a bog door on a Grimsby trawler! So she's probably best kept for phone sex, but be prepared for her to record it.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Coulson as a Cameron ex-employee was more expendable than a close personal friend and fellow member of the Cotswold clique.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I am a little surprised with the verdicts, I find it hard to believe that Miss Brooks did not ask some searching questions about the quality and number of The Screws exclusives and how they were obtained. Throw in the fact they were lovers at the time and I find it even more surprising that she knew nothing.

Shes a smart woman who knows how not to get her hands dirty.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Daves best mate. Course she was always going to get off.

Well one was his friend, the other employed in the heart of Government.

You never know what to believe but I read that Coulson's employment was really pushed through by the wallpaper heir whose name escapes me.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
publishing the cr*p she produces, supported by the sh*tfest commander Murdoch.

Whilst I agree that this is what is likely to happen - isn't that almost an admission of guilt by both Murdoch and Brookes?

Let's just say for a second that she genuinely knew nothing of what was going on at under her watch and at the behest of a trusted confident, this would have to make her the most incompetant person on Fleet Street.

And if what David Cameron said yesterday is true, then he's not fit to lead this country. He's either lying or guilty of an utterly apalling lack of judgement.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Whilst I agree that this is what is likely to happen - isn't that almost an admission of guilt by both Murdoch and Brookes?

Let's just say for a second that she genuinely knew nothing of what was going on at under her watch and at the behest of a trusted confident, this would have to make her the most incompetant person on Fleet Street.

And if what David Cameron said yesterday is true, then he's not fit to lead this country. He's either lying or guilty of an utterly apalling lack of judgement.

Well, well, well

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/oct/23/rebekah-brooks-news-corp-rupert-murdoch-new-york-job

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here