Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phill Jupitus

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I do enjoy the polite yet very slightly sneering look that Fry oft gives Jupitus on QI.

Like Clarkson and Henry the minute that drooping sagging face appears on TV it is time to change the channel.

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
Add Lee Evans and Russell Howard to that list.

They all add this goofy act to their...act. If you were to take away that goofiness, it'll be ****ing boring. Dry and dark humour, please.

Personally I think Lee Evan's is amazing. No other comedian could make a crowd of thousands at Wembley laugh consistently for 2 and a half hours, THEN end on a big song and dance number just 'cos he can. He certainly provides more than your monies worth in entertainment, especially when some comedians charge you £40 and are on stage for just over an hour, spooling through a stagnant pre-rehearsed "speech" with very little acknowledgement of the crowd they are supposedly trying to entertain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Phil Jupitus is an old school comedian, absolutely fantastic on NMTB too. As for McIntyre, anyone that insults him should be shot.

He is awful on NMTB.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Agree with OP and others....Jupitus, Lenny Henry and to an extent Al Murray are pretty shocking. Like Lee Evans, Russell Howard and loads more. But most of all, can't stand Sean Lock, he thinks is so funny, so far up his own arse its untrue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's ****ing AWFUL on Buzzcocks. He literally just repeats whatever just got a laugh a few seconds before. He never actually says anything funny.

Spot on.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like Stewart Lee but wish he get a move on.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Living in Leigh on Sea I often bump into mr. Jupitus in waitrose or similar high end shops.

He looks like a fricking derelict when he's not being unfunny on telly. He has never said anything funny in real life either as far as I can tell.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
A few Phil Jupitus facts
1- He lives near me in Leigh on sea Essex
2- I once asked him if he needed any help as he wandered round the Gap store I used to work in Southend.
3- A friend of mine who worked in the local waitrose store says that members of staff were told not to approach him for autographs.
4- He was the celebrity face for restoration work at the old priory building in priory park, Southend.

That is all

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
A few Phil Jupitus facts
1- He lives near me in Leigh on sea Essex
2- I once asked him if he needed any help as he wandered round the Gap store I used to work in Southend.
3- A friend of mine who worked in the local waitrose store says that members of staff were told not to approach him for autographs.
4- He was the celebrity face for restoration work at the old priory building in priory park, Southend.

That is all
Are you stalking him? I refer you to my post immediately before yours. He is a local soap dodger who is often seen shambling around Leigh with his mum.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
Al Murray used to be excellent as the Pub Landlord, although he has lost the edge. Michael Mc can not be faulted. I don't really lol at his humour but i know loads of people that do; which is the point really. At least it's moved on from Bernard Manning (mainly)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Lee Mack or Mickey Flanagan for me when it comes to stand up.

Big thumbs down for John Bishop, & Russel Howard. I mean, I bet Russel Howard casn't believe his luck that he's earning a living as a stand up. He really is very poor.

Who's the guy from Hove that did the Apollo recently? I saw him at the Komedia a few years back & he was quality. (Does gags about his appearance, especially his slit eyes!)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Sorry Bev, I replied to the thread without reading the posts. Wandering round with his mum eh? my my that's sad.

I'm just pleased we both associated him with Waitrose...this cross references with my own sightings wquite nicely and makes me look less of a fantasist and potential murderer of Phil Jupitus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here