Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Phil Neville

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What a horrible witch hunt.

By all means debate the appointment, in this thread there's some quite reasonable arguments as to why he shouldn't have been given the job but the digging out of some 6 year old tweets and the way the media have rounded on him is a bit grim IMHO.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Also, football has no history of appointing managers based on qualification or fairness. As others have mentioned Ryan Giggs just got the Wales job with a similar CV to Phil Neville and morally he's done much worse than a couple of misguided tweets - how many people are making a fuss about that?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Has he ever managed anywhere before?

And now, what, straight into the National team?!

Nice one FA. You bunch of mugs.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Also, football has no history of appointing managers based on qualification or fairness. As others have mentioned Ryan Giggs just got the Wales job with a similar CV to Phil Neville and morally he's done much worse than a couple of misguided tweets - how many people are making a fuss about that?

I totally agree about Giggs being lucky to get that job, as was G Neville to Valencia, but did Wales have any better applicants/candidates actually wanting the job like the England's women team did?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Let women manage women`s teams ,if they do well then so be it and well done ,if they do sh*te then they have fallen on their sword and cant blame a man for it .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Kick It Out getting involved now:
......and doing a good impression of snowflakeism that does their cause absolutely no good at all. There are far more serious issues than some personal tweets between friends and families six years ago.
It is yet more proof though, if proof were needed, that tweeting is generally a pretty stupid thing to do. Best avoided.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I totally agree about Giggs being lucky to get that job, as was G Neville to Valencia, but did Wales have any better applicants/candidates actually wanting the job like the England's women team did?

I don't know who the other candidates were, but it's completely subjective and is always going to divide opinion - that's football, as Gus would say.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sue Campbell, the FA director of women’s football: “His enthusiasm, passion and desire for the role impressed us all".

Nothing about technical knowledge, qualifications, managerial experience - just desperate for a job.

Phil has always disagreed with his older brother. "When Gary came back from Valencia he told me never, NEVER take a job you aren't qualified to do with people who speak a different language, so I thought "F*ck You Gary, I'm off to coach the England Bird's side."

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It probably will.........on Monday I had to submit a DBS to my company that I have now been with for 6 months or so, a couple of smallish issues came up on the DBS, in all honesty I had forgotten about 2 of them (4 in total) 3 of the issues happened nearly 45 years ago! I had to get my boss to fight for my employment! FFS it was 45 years ago, i was young, very young! I am not going to say what the issues were for no other reason than I refuse to discuss them on a message board (and I have to leave for work soon) I understand the need for the DBS but FFS bringing up small offences of 45 years ago and making the wording look like i am the worlds most wanted man is ****ing ridiculous!!

Ok, I will give you one of the offences to give an idea of how pathetic they are, when I was 17 (i am coming up 63 soon) my mother (who in fairness and totally unbeknown to me and my brother and sister) had gone through a divorce with my Dad and was also in the early stages of senile dementia (no one knew what it was then) she had her electric cut off for non payment of bill, I re connected it, I was done (after my mother was accused of being responsible for doing it, i admitted it) for extracting £5.27p worth of electricity, I understand its deemed as theft but come on I don't think I was going to first in line to be recruited by the great train robbers!! I went to court got a £10 fine and had to pay back the £5.27, it was 46 years ago and it showed up on the DBS like i'm a total criminal........

To conclude, the company listened to my Director who fought my cause and I have kept my job.......If I had just scanned it off to the head office in London the probability was I would be sat here unemployed........****ing ridiculous!! I might ad I have a perfect record apart from a couple of motoring offences for many many years!!

I don't think they would have grounds for terminating your employment as under the 1974 Offenders Act the conviction is deemed "spent" and should be ignored.
disclosure_of%20cautions_and_convictions-155.png

https://www.askthe.police.uk/Content/Q89.htm

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Sue Campbell, the FA director of women’s football: “His enthusiasm, passion and desire for the role impressed us all".

Nothing about technical knowledge, qualifications, managerial experience - just desperate for a job.

Phil has always disagreed with his older brother. "When Gary came back from Valencia he told me never, NEVER take a job you aren't qualified to do with people who speak a different language, so I thought "F*ck You Gary, I'm off to coach the England Bird's side."

Please can you explain why you think he's not qualified for the job? Do you not think he gained some technical knowledge during his playing career, during his coaching roles or when he gained his UEFA license?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Please can you explain why you think he's not qualified for the job? Do you not think he gained some technical knowledge during his playing career, during his coaching roles or when he gained his UEFA license?
I think it's usual for national team managers to have some experience of managing teams...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That wasn't her complaint. Her complaint was that she knew several female coaches who had done the coaching badges, had loads of experience managing women's football teams and yet didn't even get an interview.

I am making no comment upon the suitability of Neville as England manager. The lady was asked why he may not have been the best choice and the reasons i cited were part of her answer.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is there any subject on NSC that you won't link to Islam in a feeble manner? One thing is for sure your wear your agenda on your sleeve.

I suppose it works in with the chip on your shoulder.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Another one of your projecting posts where you display your fake morality. Firstly its not feeble it directly relates to peoples virtue signalling behavior. Also if you bothered to check theres been no other mention of islam in my last 15 plaus posts at least(I cant be bothered to check further).
http://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?277-looney

Its easy to expose your lies and deceit:lol:

Funny how someone like you who claims to be so attuned to racism that you can see it in threads when others say there is none, or can claim somone is bigotted posting, again with no evidence but can miss the obvious racism in the new star wars movie. As I said fake morality..:tosser:

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
This. There are some great women coaches in the game. As qualified, if not more so, than Neville P.

Very disappointed, yet unsurprised, that the senile blazers at the FA have yet again displayed their incompetence to the world.

Emma Hayes, the Chelsea manager, and Mo Marley, the England U19 coach, turned it down. Which makes you wonder what's on their Twitter feeds...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The real issue... Why do people think low IQ ex man utd players make good managers and become automatic first choice?

Not sure whether he has a low IQ, but the rest of your point is valid. Just because he played for England and Man U (and therefore people have heard of him) does NOT mean he will automatically make a good manager. Both Bobby Charlton and Bobby Moore were terrible managers despite their high profiles and illustrious playing careers.

So yeah, I think it's a risky appointment on those grounds. The fact he's made a couple of public online comments that aren't deemed to be wholly acceptable in this day and age shouldn't matter one iota. I'd hate him to lose the job because of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here