Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Collins

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
f*** off and stop murdering Motown classics you balding over-rated c**t.
You're not fit to lace Smokey Robinson's shoes

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
f*** off and stop murdering Motown classics you balding over-rated c**t.
You're not fit to lace Smokey Robinson's shoes

Spot on and he isn't doing any of the tracks justice.

Correct. Why is he even doing this? Maybe school fees or a tax bill, for sure its nothing to do with music

It seems to be a conceit of many (ok can think of at least 2, Michael Bolton and Seal) artists to release a cover album of Soul Classics. It can't be done in my view unless anyone can prove otherwise.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Correct. Why is he even doing this? Maybe school fees or a tax bill, for sure its nothing to do with music

He has definitely got a letter from the Inland Revenue or maybe he still owes money on the mortgage.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
One of the greatest British artists of all time. Better than all that American trash.
Is this a wind up.
Compare his pitiful wailings to the beautiful sound produced by ( the late and much lamented ) Marvin Gaye, or Stevie Wonder , or Smokey Robinson , or The Temptations, or Martha Reeves or any of the myriad Motown artists.
No contest.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Maybe some people can't stomach the fluttering range of tenderness and sudden emotionally passionate outbursts the originals might have had and prefer to listen to something meaningless they perhaps do themselves in the shower when no one else is around.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is this a wind up.
Compare his pitiful wailings to the beautiful sound produced by ( the late and much lamented ) Marvin Gaye, or Stevie Wonder , or Smokey Robinson , or The Temptations, or Martha Reeves or any of the myriad Motown artists.
No contest.

Collins was fantastic during the 70s Genesis era.Why come on here comparing him to Marvin Gaye?.Sorry but Collins is a legend.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
last resesion he very publicly f....d off out of the country while those who had put him where he was by buying his records were left behind I remember as a teenage I was left feeling very let down by this working class twat

Sooty the Thief

Oct 3, 2009
last resesion he very publicly f....d off out of the country while those who had put him where he was by buying his records were left behind I remember as a teenage I was left feeling very let down by this working class twat

Correct. He left the country to live in Switzerland as he claimed he was paying too much tax in this country. Then he goes and releases a song about helping out the poor. Utter twat.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think that Phil Collins does not get the credit he deserves.... I used to leave a cassette of No Jacket Required on clear display in my car. My car was never broken in to or stolen... thanks Phil

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hmmmmm....I was a big Genesis fan up until the split but never liked Collins much....great drummer (no Chester Thompson though :) ) but I always suspected he was the driving force behind the 'ok in concert we won't play anything released before 1980 or so apart hey....the medley'.

Also, he comes across as a right prick :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think that Phil Collins does not get the credit he deserves.... I used to leave a cassette of No Jacket Required on clear display in my car. My car was never broken in to or stolen... thanks Phil

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Are you sure it was Phil Collins? I awitched on the box last night and saw some fat pensioner. I thought it was Clive James. I kept the volume off.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
It seems to be a conceit of many (ok can think of at least 2, Michael Bolton and Seal) artists to release a cover album of Soul Classics. It can't be done in my view unless anyone can prove otherwise.

Hall and Oates had a good stab at a bit of Soul a few years ago, can't remember the title of the album 'Live at somewhere' ?
Agree with people on here ( Don Quixote excepted), Collins should piss off back to la Suisse and stay there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here