Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Phew! Scorchio!!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Although not an enforceable law, Government guidance suggests an indoor workplace should be no colder than 16ºC or 13ºC if employees are doing physical work. However there is no guidance on maximum temperatures. I guess no guidance exists for maximum temps as it's only in recent years it's become an issue.

I set, program and operate CNC Brakepresses. One of jobs is for a customer who makes temporary football ground stands. (We did all the steelwork for Salford Citys ground). Each treadplate is 100kg and measures 2400mm x 1200mm, two folds per part, which involves lifting it off a pallet, onto a barrow, lifting into the machine, turning it over and then doing another fold the opposite direction to make a "z" shape. Then lift it off again.

Its a 2 man job, its ****ing heavy and dirty work. Doing that job in winter isn't an issue as you're hot and tired from lifting all day so minimum temperature shouldn't really apply..

Trouble is that all football clubs want this work done in off season (summer).

I have just finished my 8th litre of water and yet to have a piss today.

Im literally soaked through

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I set, program and operate CNC Brakepresses. One of jobs is for a customer who makes temporary football ground stands. (We did all the steelwork for Salford Citys ground). Each treadplate is 100kg and measures 2400mm x 1200mm, two folds per part, which involves lifting it off a pallet, onto a barrow, lifting into the machine, turning it over and then doing another fold the opposite direction to make a "z" shape. Then lift it off again.

Its a 2 man job, its ****ing heavy and dirty work. Doing that job in winter isn't an issue as you're hot and tired from lifting all day so minimum temperature shouldn't really apply..

Trouble is that all football clubs want this work done in off season (summer).

I have just finished my 8th litre of water and yet to have a piss today.

Be careful there fella, those are not healthy levels of hydration

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We’re moving house over the next three days. Today was packing and loading some vans. I’ll b getting on the scale later, I reckon I’ve lost a good amount of weight. Not fun.

el punal

Having to work but fortunately from home so sitting at the PC in shorts, singlet vest and flip flops. And a bloody great fan blowing at me.
Loving it.

“And a bloody great fan blowing at me. Loving it.”

Thank goodness you didn’t miss out the AT in that sentence - otherwise a lot of explaining would be required. :D

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Any of you eating out have a bit of patience with the kitchen staff, it’s stupidly hot in a commercial kitchen on a cold day.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is the top of the seat in my car, and why I've been riding my scooter to work this last 10 days. 214405E3-12D7-4B0A-BF04-CC3B8FAFC002.jpeg

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Be careful there fella, those are not healthy levels of hydration

Tell me about it. And being a gout sufferer I'm worried. I keep putting water in but nothing comes out of the old fella. It just comes out of my skin instead.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Apart from the summer of 76, we never used to get temperatures like this in summer. Now it seems to be the norm.
Do i like it ? as much as been forced to be in a oven.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Apart from the summer of 76, we never used to get temperatures like this in summer. Now it seems to be the norm.

Just cooked the children some dinner and opened the oven to get the food out, it was nice to have a cooling breeze for once.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
25 is a perfect summers day for me, warm enough for the beach and swimming, cool enough to operate a normal life.

25-30 is getting too warm for work/physical exertion etc . . . 30 + is just daft.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Remember that well..my first year in employment....one suit and two shirts for most of it....geez I don’t know how I coped.
That was bone dry and if I remember correctly didn’t break until September

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here