Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PGMOL accepts Fabinho should have been sent off for Evan Ferguson tackle

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course there will be consequences - Ferguson may miss a couple of matches, Fabinho won't miss three. No Ref Watch with a squirming Dermot Gallagher on SSN today - wonder if he'll be on to admit the VAR mght have been nearly wrong tomorrow?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wozza beat me by 3 mins.... Mods pls merge

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"It is being stressed that while the challenge was of relatively low intensity"

Yea right. That's why he's on crutches after the game.
Struck me as utter nonsense as well.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Evan has just posted on his instagram a picture of him from the liverpool game with text reading 'into the next round'.

Im taking that as he see's himself as being fit for the next round! Maybe im reading too much into it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Have they fired or suspended the VAR clown?
As unbeleiveable as it sounds, Swarbrick is actually responsible for training refs in how to use VAR.

Coote should be suspended for missing three reds in that game. Refs can try and high behind VAR, but why did Coote get the decisions wrong in the first place? Will be interesting to see if they give him some 'time off'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Giving him a red card wouldn't have fixed his ankle any faster.
No, but it would (and should) have reinforced the fact that assaults like that will NOT be tolerated.

As it stands now, players will know there's a decent chance they can get away with seriously maiming someone, and not face the ultimate punishment. Yay for Coote.

Yay for VAR :facepalm:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I hate VAR and will continue to shout into the void that we should return to just having on pitch refs, like we did for 100+ years. However, I have to admit that, by remembering every decision that went against us and none that went for us, I contributed to getting the game to a point where the officials felt obliged to pretend that, with technology, they could get all decisions right. Obviously they can't, and the undue attention being paid to this Sisiphyian task has detracted from the joy and glory of the whole pointless, wonderful exercise that is the world's greatest game.

If I'm to stop being one of the voices that got us to the point where over attention to detail in the rules trumps the kind of wonder that was Ali Mac's thumping goal against Leicester, I have to accept that officials, whether or not they are assisted by technology, are all humans and will make mistakes. For the good of the game, we have to swallow our anger and pain and, when they do and then have the courage to admit it, say, through clenched teeth in a truly bottled up British way: 'Thanks for saying that. Nobody's perfect. Now, let's get back to the game that we all love.'

I'm trying hard and one day I hope to be able to say 'I understand Mike. You were under a lot of pressure to be right about everything and I can see why you may not have found the courage to admit that you were wrong to send off Dale Stephens and support the club's appeal against his ban.' I'm not there yet, the pompous, egotistical f...., sorry I mean to say, let's try to forgive and forget.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
As unbeleiveable as it sounds, Swarbrick is actually responsible for training refs in how to use VAR.

Coote should be suspended for missing three reds in that game. Refs can try and high behind VAR, but why did Coote get the decisions wrong in the first place? Will be interesting to see if they give him some 'time off'.
That is seriously unbelievable!! 🤬🤬🤬
A multi million / billion pound industry, with the key decisions on who succeeds and fails left to a bunch of no mark losers who weren’t good enough at football when they were kids.
Also, it’s always the ones who actually look a bit stupid - Pawson, Coote, the Madleys, Mason et al who are the worst.
They might just as well get rid of on pitch refs and linos and just go to virtual referees.
It couldn’t be any worse than the current crap system.
At least below the Premier League they only have one of the twats controlling a game!!

And relax……

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here