Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petrol prices.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Why would I have mentioned the other sources of Government income if I was suggesting it all came from fuel duty.

Since when has owning a car been deemed a necessity and not a luxury? We have public transport instead or should we all have cars and scrap it to save money (but not the environment)

I am a big advocate of public transport, but it isn't always possible to use it depending on where you live and work, or what you do for a living.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just been reminded of petrol prices on a podcast I'm listening too.
A month on makes for some interesting reading:-

In the month since this thread started crude has fallen over $10 a barrel.

The quarter from Sept had seen prices drop by a third from $100 to $70.

Finally the price of Brent crude is now the same price as it was December '09.

http://oil-price.net/dashboard.php?lang=en#brent_crude_price_large

The average price of petrol at the pump in Dec '09 was 108.32p

http://www.theaa.com/public_affairs/news/fuel-price-update-december-2009.html

The BP at the end of my road is currently 122.99p.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bought petrol in Morrisons on Saturday night and it was £1.22.9 a litre, I thought that was pretty good until I heard about the £1.19 a litre, doh !

For reference, I was in France with friends last week and Diesel was 1.21 euros a litre which is just on £1 a litre compared to our Diesel which is hanging around £1.28 L !

Did you notice the price of petrol in France as I am going over on Tuesday.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
£1.19 morrison's in Lichfield happy days.

€1.43 in Malta :( :( :( Government has fixed the price until January!

Same thing happens here. Government buys fuel in bulk and "protects" us from fluctuations, but it seems that stocks are very low when the price goes up but we have several months supply already bought when the prices are dropping elsewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I bought petrol in Morrisons on Saturday night and it was £1.22.9 a litre, I thought that was pretty good until I heard about the £1.19 a litre, doh !

For reference, I was in France with friends last week and Diesel was 1.21 euros a litre which is just on £1 a litre compared to our Diesel which is hanging around £1.28 L !

Diesel is always cheaper in France.

Our local diesel has just gone down a penny a litre to £124.9 from last week.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I always think petrol seems remarkably cheap considering how expensive it is to extract, refine, transport and so on. Think how much MORE of a rip off other things are. You can sometimes pay £2 for 500ml of coke in a garage. £4 a litre for some sugary water and that's with much less tax!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I always think petrol seems remarkably cheap considering how expensive it is to extract, refine, transport and so on. Think how much MORE of a rip off other things are. You can sometimes pay £2 for 500ml of coke in a garage. £4 a litre for some sugary water and that's with much less tax!

Good point. Someone on here once said that petrol must be cheap if people can afford to make so many short journeys which is another good point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here