Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition to stop prosecutions of NI Vets

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bloody Sunday anybody?

The massacre of innocent, unarmed, civil rights protesters by the British Army. From the Saville Report:

"The firing by soldiers of 1 PARA on Bloody Sunday caused the deaths of 13 people and injury to a similar number, none of whom was posing a threat of causing death or serious injury,"

And how many of the soldiers involved in that massacre have been prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned?

"Justice" has to work both ways. This petition is certainly not one for me.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Signed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At the rate these things are escalating into War Crimes I'm now waiting for a knock on the door for my part in programming nuclear weapons towards Russia and other unnamed countries in the Cold War

Did you wear gloves or wipe your fingerprints from the keyboard, if so your ok

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bloody Sunday anybody?

The massacre of innocent, unarmed, civil rights protesters by the British Army. From the Saville Report:

"The firing by soldiers of 1 PARA on Bloody Sunday caused the deaths of 13 people and injury to a similar number, none of whom was posing a threat of causing death or serious injury,"

And how many of the soldiers involved in that massacre have been prosecuted, convicted and imprisoned?

Why your at it why don't you start bringing up atrocities from the 2nd world war

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bloody Sunday anybody?

Well you obviously were not there at the time.Perhaps you might learn to take anything started by Bliar with a pinch of salt when you grow up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bloody Sunday anybody?

There's already been hundreds of millions of pounds spent on that one but if you want justice to work both ways then no doubt you'll support the prosecutions of Gerry Adams for his part in the murder of Jean McConville and Martin McGuinness for being an IRA commander and his part in the murder of many people.

There's very little justice for many of the victims' families with the murderers being let out very early or cases quietly dropped. It's an awful business but the flip-side is that we finally have peace in NI so it seems to be a price worth paying. Immunity from prosecution HAS to be extended to the Army too.

Last edited:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I can see a very good case for immunity from prosecution and it's quite simple. I want the same standards applied to British soldiers as that that have been applied to Gerry Adams and his IRA chums. There's a very compelling argument that he was complicit in the torture and murder of Jean McConville yet we've been told that there's no public appetite for bringing a prosecution against Adams because it would harm the peace deal. If the UK Government and Irish Republicans are happy to brush under the carpet the most brutal of murders of a mum of 9 and perfectly happy for the alleged perpetrators to hold office in NI politics then there is absolutely NO moral argument for only pursuing British soldiers for alleged torture.

I'll tell you why this is happening - it's that IRA-loving NI Director of Public Prosecutions Barra McGrory. He's running his own private crusade against the British Army and for the sake of peace in NI, he needs to be removed from office and someone with less of an axe to grind appointed in his place.

These are almost exactly my thoughts, well said Buzzer.

I'm now off to have a bath and a shower as I feel dirty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here