Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

petition to get Becks in Team GB

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm not signing as the 10 year old that started this petition it is not paying attention in his English classes. :ffsparr:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh FFS, what is it with the bleeding hearts in this country these days. He's not picked, just get over it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What a load of media driven bollocks.

The media wanted 'Arry for England and told us that EVERYONE wanted it as well. Hmm, as it turned out, not only did the FA not want him, neither did Spurs.
Now the media are mostly (not all on this one tbh) aghast that Beckham isn't in the GB squad, and want us all to be horrified as well.

Erm, is it just me, or are the media just wanting people that make their life the easiest. How much easier to write a piece on the GB team with Beckham in it. They could just write for 2 days about his haircut and they sell papers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The whole thing is a farce anyway so let him have his 10 minutes off the bench. It's basically as important to me sports-wise as Soccer Aid.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Er, no.

Fan of Beckham - yes. Is he one of our top 3 players over 23 - no.

As we pointed out with the petition to get the world number one in the taekwondo, the Olympics is about your best sportsmen competing, not about handing out memorable occasions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The whole thing is a farce anyway so let him have his 10 minutes off the bench. It's basically as important to me sports-wise as Soccer Aid.

Fortunately this is not gonna happen. Maybe he'll f*** off to the USA with his media Circus full time now.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

All this media frenzy about Beckham must be really pissing Stuart Pearce off. I should imagine Pearce will have to back down due to all this pressure eventually, because he will made to look like the bad guy in all this.

Last edited by a moderator:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Fortunately this is not gonna happen. Maybe he'll f*** off to the USA with his media Circus full time now.

You're right.

I hate David Beckham and his continuous charity and youth football work as well as his unpaid ambassadorial role for the Olympics in which he rings up LOCOG and actually ASKS what he can do to help.

Piss off to USA, Becks. We don't want your type. Viva Joey Barton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here