Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition: Arrest Tony Blair for war crimes........

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
mayall.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't be an arrogant pedantic cvnt, I didn't word it, it’s not my petition, but thousands of coalition soldiers died along with hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

All you are doing is picking on the use of words which I have no control over. As soon as you see something that may not be 100% factually correct you are very quick to slip up your own Ar5e and get all righteous about it.

Being abusive is not helping your cause.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After last night's fiasco the petition has probably been sponsored by the Tory party to deflect attention from Cameron and Osborne's (potential) "misleading" of the electorate. :lolol:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Am I missing something, can we just petition for people to be arrested? Is it no longer up to the CPS or the police to bring charges against someone?

Even of 100,000 signatures are obtained and it is decided to be debated in parliament, do the MP's then have the power to issue an arrest?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blix spent 10 years being made a fool by Saddam. Technically and legally the 'war' was permissable. Powell and Straw explained it perfectly in the press conference before kick off. Blair's error was to pretend there was evidence of WMD. This was completely needless, and was like pinning 'kick me' on a card on his back. After that people have conflated his stupidity with the legal and moral issues. And of course the strategic: having no plan for afterwards was pathetic, and symptomatic of having military strategists who had done all their training in a simulation booth. Blair, despite all his charm and emoting (which I liked) was a bloody fool. But he isn't a war criminal.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Am I missing something, can we just petition for people to be arrested? Is it no longer up to the CPS or the police to bring charges against someone?

Ssshhh, Don't tell that to the 6th form politics students who started this - they need something to do over half-term. Anyway, I quite like the concept that if you can get 100'000 morons to click a link on social media the police have to make arrests. It is definitely a step forward for our judicial system.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
After last night's fiasco the petition has probably been sponsored by the Tory party to deflect attention from Cameron and Osborne's (potential) "misleading" of the electorate. :lolol:

Actually that's not a bad call, if it does get 100,000 signatures a debate in parliament could end up with Blairite backbenchers arguing with the Labour leadership/front bench stoking the divisions. Would they be that devious .....

19fu829cs0gy1jpg.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
M
Yeah, we should have left a vile fascist dictator in power. I'm with the Kurds, the Iraqi Trade Unions and the what's left of the Iraqi left and I say the only option was to remove him. The way the left in this country (Galloway and Corbyn) deserted the Iraqi left/trade union movement to back the insurgents (led by fascist Islamists) was an absolute disgrace. Try reading what Christopher Hitchins or Nick Cohen had to say about it, it may open your eyes.
There are so many whiny idiots out there screeching "it was an illegal war, it was an illegal war.." over and over, jesus, like a legal war is any effing nicer....

and breathe.

Hmmm. I've read and loved Hitchins, don't think much of Nick Cohen, cannot see how Galloway and Corbyn could have helped Iraqi Trade Unions, understand the Kurds have had more problems than within Iraq.......What's your point?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What people forget is the British public voted this guy in three times and the third time was after invading Iraq.

Not his biggest fan and never voted for him but we need to move on..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Blix spent 10 years being made a fool by Saddam. Technically and legally the 'war' was permissable. Powell and Straw explained it perfectly in the press conference before kick off. Blair's error was to pretend there was evidence of WMD. This was completely needless, and was like pinning 'kick me' on a card on his back. After that people have conflated his stupidity with the legal and moral issues. And of course the strategic: having no plan for afterwards was pathetic, and symptomatic of having military strategists who had done all their training in a simulation booth. Blair, despite all his charm and emoting (which I liked) was a bloody fool. But he isn't a war criminal.

It was all about the oil. I wonder if anyone really thinks otherwise? Any leader of Great Britain at that time would have had little choice but to support the US, just that as you say, Blair decided to try to paint the picture that it was somehow our own decision due to a threat such as WMD. With so much of our defence tied into the US, from Trident down, we have little choice but to tag along when they ask.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/mar/20/iraq-war-oil-resources-energy-peak-scarcity-economy

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As others have said, instability and the middle east have gone hand in hand for decades, or had you missed that.

That may well be the case but Blair got many British troops killed for being Bush's puppy dog ..... for utterly lying. He now admits the main aim was regime change ..,.. to topple a leader. Strangely we don't carry out the same action against other repressive leaders .... North Korea for example. Blair is a war criminal, a liar and married to an utter money grabbing bitch who doesn't mind siding with dictators and murderers. Quite frankly this planet would be better off without either of the c**ts.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It was all about the oil. I wonder if anyone really thinks otherwise? Any leader of Great Britain at that time would have had little choice but to support the US, just that as you say, Blair decided to try to paint the picture that it was somehow our own decision due to a threat such as WMD. With so much of our defence tied into the US, from Trident down, we have little choice but to tag along when they ask.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/mar/20/iraq-war-oil-resources-energy-peak-scarcity-economy

Yes it was about oil. Profits rather than supply. We did not have to follow Bush.
The Guardian article 18 months on, with this summers massive decline in the price of oil looks rather out of touch.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

At any time there are many bad men in charge of countries. Why Iraq ? Why then ? It is the most important of decisions to send your countrymen into war when some will come back in coffins or maimed so a leader better have a sound case and be sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here