Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

peterborough: one of the better teams this year at the amex?

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
no away matches anymore for me (family etc etc) but on the evidence of the home matches i'd have them down as one of the better teams to have visited this season. certainly better than woeful coventry, barnsley, boring west ham, lucky palace, unlucky forest, one-shot brizzle.

whadyathink? before boyd went off the match was very even, i thought that changed it all

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agree and they are attack attack attack attack attack shots shots shots goals goals GOALS win some lose some. Consummate entertainers

Gus is negative & slowwww and having seen EVERY away game this season I am ALLOWED to say so.

We will get HAMMERED

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hmm-- given the contrast in styles and approach you would have to say we are on a hiding to nothing and could be on the end of our worst reverse for some time. They (almost) always score in multiples and on form we are rarely going to get more than one goal away from home if that. That said we are not a bad side, just a limited one and we could surprise everyone. What we can't afford to do is to defend too deep and invite them on to us because we will get murdered.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Hmm-- given the contrast in styles and approach you would have to say we are on a hiding to nothing and could be on the end of our worst reverse for some time. They (almost) always score in multiples and on form we are rarely going to get more than one goal away from home if that. That said we are not a bad side, just a limited one and we could surprise everyone. What we can't afford to do is to defend too deep and invite them on to us because we will get murdered.

blimey i wouldn't put our chances that low. they were second (?) when we tonked them last season.

i'd still go for a one-nil. no point guessing the goalscorer as half of them might well be being questioned. but it'll be calde.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
"Lucky" Palace? I'm sorry but they embarrassed us for 90 minutes, credit where it's due. That said I do fear for us, we've looked so lethargic in recent games and Posh are just the sort of team that will punish that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
"Lucky" Palace? I'm sorry but they embarrassed us for 90 minutes, credit where it's due. That said I do fear for us, we've looked so lethargic in recent games and Posh are just the sort of team that will punish that.

70 minutes

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Last 10 minutes:)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Lets not go back to that night ever again

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
no away matches anymore for me (family etc etc) but on the evidence of the home matches i'd have them down as one of the better teams to have visited this season.

Disagree hugely. They were pretty much toothless, and there was never any danger whatsoever that we were not going to win that match.

pb90

Jan 17, 2012
Alright all.

Unfortunately for us (Posh), you'll probably be pleased to know that lately we seem to have turned our back on our usual attack attack attack philosophy in favour of more defensive stability.

We've had 6 games in the league since the 4-3 loss to Barnsley on December 3rd, and I think since then Fergie has seen reason to go more balanced. This is reflected in our league results since then:

D 1-1 (Leicester, away)
W 1-0 (Coventry, home)
W 1-0 (Forest, away)
D 1-1 (Middlesbrough, away)
D 1-1 (Birmingham, home)
L 1-0 (Hull, away)

So, as a caution, I wouldn't expect a wonderful flowing game this time. Lately Fergie has been more pragmatic than adventurous, and as long as this is getting us wins against Forest/Coventry and draws against teams like Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Leicester, I'd expect it to continue. It doesn't help that we've had McCann/Tomlin/Frecklington out for ages, Tomlin finally coming back to fitness in the last couple of games; maybe the pragmatism is just until we get our squad all back to fitness. I think there's a small chance of McCann coming back for this but not sure to be honest.

Personally, I'm plumping for a 1-0 either way, with Posh closing off the game to make for a drab spectacle.

Good luck :thumbsup:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I remember feeling incredibly comfortable during our home match, had no doubts we would win. It will be different at their place but if we are solid defensively as we usually are there's no reason why we can't get some points out of the game. I doubt it'll be a game like last season though.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Let's not re-write history. The Palace fans were shitting themselves for the first 20 minutes, and it was even for a period after that.
Ok dick you won the first 20 minutes 1-0 :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I remember feeling incredibly comfortable during our home match, had no doubts we would win. It will be different at their place but if we are solid defensively as we usually are there's no reason why we can't get some points out of the game. I doubt it'll be a game like last season though.

i thought they were a nice footballing side...but we seemed pretty comfortable...there was a certain anti climax feeling aftr the previous home game ...a SLIGHT touch of anti climax

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here