Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough away end

Albion Rob

I'm probably way off the pace on this but wasn't the away end at Peterborough due to be demolished last month? I'm sure I saw the Barnsley fans on the terrace at last Saturday's game.

Does that mean there's a glimmer of hope that it will still be there when we go there after Christmas or have the demolition plans just been put back for a couple of weeks?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It looks like it is still going to be there, work was meant to start at the end of 2011, but is now hoped to begin 'some time in 2012'. Which is brilliant. I hope we take loads there this time.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Even more looking forward to this one now, how many did we take last year?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
About 2500 I think. We should be able to get 3000 together really.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It is my favourite away terrace, it's class. I may have to take my boy to the trip tehre this year just so that he experiences it before it's lost forever.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We took 2519 last time , and it was packed.

It was packed in the middle, but in the corners and the sides there was still a bit of space. I've definitely been on it when it was busier before. Do you remember that FA Cup game there a few seasons ago? I think we took about 4500 or something, it was mad.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It was packed in the middle, but in the corners and the sides there was still a bit of space. I've definitely been on it when it was busier before. Do you remember that FA Cup game there a few seasons ago? I think we took about 4500 or something, it was mad.

I don't , but my dad has told me about a mad time there when it was snowing and we took close to 6000 or something..Complete MADNESS. :eek:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I don't , but my dad has told me about a mad time there when it was snowing and we took close to 6000 or something..Complete MADNESS. :eek:

FA Cup Fifth Round in 1986. I was there. We all got a red scarf from the club

Pitch completely covered in snow.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
[yt]n9E4WyWVs9A[/yt]

Found this one from last season, shows the whole end.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
All the times I have been there been pretty empty except when I was pitchside then it was full.

http://www.albionalbum.co.uk/teams/peterborough/06_04_2002/index.shtml

d06_04_2002-12.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
FA Cup Fifth Round in 1986. I was there. We all got a red scarf from the club

Pitch completely covered in snow.

I must admit, maybe I should put this in the embassassing confessions thread, but I did get a little scared before kickoff in the middle where it was pretty crushed. Once I could I did move towards the right side where it wasn't so bad.

Jan 30, 2008
oh it was in the shopping center :D

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Can't wait for this now!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I must admit, maybe I should put this in the embassassing confessions thread, but I did get a little scared before kickoff in the middle where it was pretty crushed. Once I could I did move towards the right side where it wasn't so bad.

That was the most crushed I can ever remember at a Brighton game. And the worst playing conditions. One of the Posh goals hit a lump of snow and flew over Digweed. Total lottery. Great atmosphere though!

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here