Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Sarstedt RIP

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Never knew Tim Rose had recorded that - sounds an interestingly different interpretation - thanks.

On the same album he also did a cover of the Bee Gees "I've Gotta Get a Message to You" which is worth a listen. Not all his covers work for me. He does a good "Hey Joe" though which you probably know if you know Tim Rose (Both on Youtube)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Crickey, only watched him performing that a day or two before he died! The good news is i watched the Dave Clark Five in the same programme....;)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Apart from the obvious I'm not familiar with any of his other output so because he sang one of the defining songs of my childhood I thought i'd check out some of his other music. Although on the whole it's not really my thing, but of all the ones I listened to I think I liked this the most. Coincidentally another one where he does a bit of name dropping....

https://youtu.be/y1FViOHQ4oY

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Didn't think he was a one hit wonder what with the 'one more glass of frozen orange juice' track

Indeed, Frozen Orange Juice got to number 10 in the UK in 1969 - doesn't that count as "a hit"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here