Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Leven on a free???

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
He has left mk dons after rejecting new contract. Box to box midfielder and a great penalty taker. I think would be a good free transfer.

We tried to buy him from chesterfield I remember a while back.

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
With our penalty missing record, if all he ever did was score penalties he'd pay his way!!

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Prone to putting on weight, also quite injury prone, and just the fact that he turned us down in favour of Chesterfield, so its a no from me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is my post from the other thread about this yesterday. Opinion is still the same.

The questions asked were (1) Would we want him (2) is he good enough for the Championship.

Yes and No. We did sound him out before he joined MK Dons but not sure that he would be good enough to be a regular in the championship but could take over from Kish as our experienced midfielder as and when needed if we could afford him.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Despite being a plastic, weren't we once after him.
A good signing and probably good at pens.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Think it was Slade who was after him, not Gus. In fact, it might even have been Adams
try wilkins and you would be right ! we were linked with him last summer though because gus apparently watched mk with he was playing with navarro and was impressed with them

FourFourTwo

Jul 1, 2011
Certainly not up to the Championship; whilst being 28/29, probably has little time for any real development. Yes, admitedly he can be deadly from the spot, but nevertheless, it's still a firm 'no' from me.

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
Leven was immense for MK Dons at one stage. I seem to remember Nottingham Forest "preparing a 1 million pound bid" not so long ago too. I wouldn't be surprised if Championship clubs are interested in him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Squad player on a free, could do a job. But not as a starter and sure there are many players that level and position we could find. Is he willing to come here and put in the work for a rotation role on average money? Is he a 'Gus' style player? I figure it's a decent shout but nothing to get excited about.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Move on... good L1 player, but not going to set the Championship alight, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here