Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pete Burns - dead!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I remember watching him and his band at the Milton Keynes bowl, way back, it ended up them getting pelted with fruit and other such delights :shit:
No I wasn't involved :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP apart from the terrible cosmetic surgery he was a very quick acid tongued funny man at times . Too young.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I thought it was the guy that went out with Kate Moss at first. Pete Doherty.

57 is far too young these days. What is it with this year and celebrity deaths? :down:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've been listening to the extended version of You Spin Me Round for the last few days, it's been stuck in my head. Bizarre timing. :down:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I saw Dead or Alive at the Dome in about 85/86...

Not much kop, lots of pre-recorded stuff with Burns singing over it...

Still, RIP Pete

I was there too. He looked like a badly plucked chicken in a white stringy outfit. Singer some song like lover come back to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's being described as a "true visionary" - he had one hit with You Spin Me Round in 1985, appeared on Big Brother, and, errr...

Its sad that he's passed, 57 is no age. But lets not go too OTT on the plats.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I had a Scouse girlfriend back in the mid eighties and went up to Liverpool to visit her family. She took me to a record shop owned or run by Pete Burns, I'd never heard of him at the time. He was wearing a yellow rubber jump suit and make up, the first time I'd ever seen a real live " gender bender ".....very strange to a boy from the backwaters of Sussex

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I had a Scouse girlfriend back in the mid eighties and went up to Liverpool to visit her family. She took me to a record shop owned or run by Pete Burns, I'd never heard of him at the time. He was wearing a yellow rubber jump suit and make up, the first time I'd ever seen a real live " gender bender ".....very strange to a boy from the backwaters of Sussex

I was dragged along to see Dead or Alive at The Dominium in London by a friend. As I worked in London I went in my suit but the audience was full of weirdos I felt totally out of place and the time went so slowly, this was 1980 something, support act was The Flowerpot Men or something like that, totally not my scene but to be fair Pete had a very good and powerful voice and You Spin Me Round was a very good pop song written by Stock, Aitkin and Waterman I think.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I cant understand people who butcher their face with cosmetic surgery. Do they really think it looks better ( Michael Jackson)

Sean Connery was a sex symbol a few years ago

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I loved that era for music and clothes. I was very conservative clothes wise up until about 18 then that music scene came along. It was brilliant. Where I came from, you had bands like Aztec Camera, Orange Juice, Deacon Blue, Texas, Hipsway, Wet Wet Wet, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Lloyd Cole & the Commotions, The Bluebells etc all doing the local bars and clubs near me so people from that era it is always sad when we lose anyone from around then

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Pete had a very good and powerful voice

Very much this. He may have been a prima donna in real life, but boy could he sing. Some of the early Dead or Alive singles like Number Eleven or It's Been hours Now were spine-tingling. They were goth not disco back then, and Wayne Hussey played with them for a couple of years before joining Sisters of Mercy.

Sadly ironic oft-overlooked fact: Before they changed their name in 1980, Dead or Alive were called Nightmares in Wax. Seems Pete Burns' professional life went in a full (Misty) Circle(s).

RIP

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here