Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The X factor here is Barco. He and Mitoma both have pace and - potentially - they could be the ultimate nightmare for any full-back.

I sincerely hope Pervis's drop-off in form is down to fitness issues and that he can sort this during the off-season.

Yesterday, Fati offered no protection for Pervis, but Fati didn't know when he should drop, neither knew where Moder or Baleba would be. Anyway, the the Fati /Pervis combination did NOT work.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He took on his man in the first half, and won the free kick from which we won the game.
No he didn’t, you’ve proven my point with that. He turned backwards to pass the ball back to Pervis and got fouled after he’d released the ball which is what he did all game.

I desperately want Fati to be a success having trumpeted his arrival knowing the player he was but it’s sad to see such a talented player lacking so much confidence.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If we accept that perhaps the drop off in form is due to not being fit, the mystery is how now his decision making is off. Undoubtedly the combination with Mitoma last season was superb but he looks half the player now.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Thought veltman looked vulnerable when he was left isolated against Hudson Odoi. Our problem is wide cover for the full backs. Pervis is class but clearly not fully fit. Barco could solve a lot of problems over coming weeks but also might cause a few too. Fiery redhead…

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought veltman looked vulnerable when he was left isolated against Hudson Odoi. Our problem is wide cover for the full backs. Pervis is class but clearly not fully fit. Barco could solve a lot of problems over coming weeks but also might cause a few too. Fiery redhead…

Solly is an Albion RB’s dream.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Interestingly, it’s slightly higher just based on this season - 1.69 ppg.

In the games he’s missed for us this season, we only average 1.25 ppg.

The narrative has been that he’s been poor this season but even when he’s not at his best, he’s such an important player for us. This is the one area I don’t think RDZ was backed in - as we all said on here, we needed RB and LB reinforcements last summer.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The narrative has been that he’s been poor this season but even when he’s not at his best, he’s such an important player for us. This is the one area I don’t think RDZ was backed in - as we all said on here, we needed RB and LB reinforcements last summer.

Didn’t we all say DM, LB and RB? With DM … pace, power and bite to protect the CB’s.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Didn’t we all say DM, LB and RB? With DM … pace, power and bite to protect the CB’s.
We did sign three centre midfielders, plus had a fully integrated and free from personal issues Billy Gilmour available who I’m regularly told is class on here and also Moder coming back. Now we weren’t ever going to sign ready made players of the class of Mac Allister and Caicedo but we did have strength in depth in CM which we didn’t at full back and has meant we’ve had to play players out of position there all season reducing either or both of our attacking threat or defensive capability.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Think the stats were based on from the start of last season, apart from the promoted clubs obviously.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We did sign three centre midfielders, plus had a fully integrated and free from personal issues Billy Gilmour available who I’m regularly told is class on here and also Moder coming back. Now we weren’t ever going to sign ready made players of the class of Mac Allister and Caicedo but we did have strength in depth in CM which we didn’t at full back and has meant we’ve had to play players out of position there all season reducing either or both of our attacking threat or defensive capability.

Perhaps it’s a personal view, but I’ve always preferred a CM with an athletic tackler or two to protect the CB’s. I know many others here said the same last July/Aug. The player might have other parts to their game too.

Gilmour will never have the pace or power to fulfil that role, Bundesliga websites likened Dahoud as Gundogan-esque, I can’t recall Moder successfully playing just in front of our CB’s. Baleba is a work in progress.

For one reason or another the club failed in that department last summer. We’ve had a slow, soft centre.

They don’t have to cost Caicedo money. Palhinha cost £20m, Endo £16m for example.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Perhaps it’s a personal view, but I’ve always preferred a CM with an athletic tackler or two to protect the CB’s. I know many others here said the same last July/Aug. The player might have other parts to their game too.

Gilmour will never have the pace or power to fulfil that role, Bundesliga websites likened Dahoud as Gundogan-esque, I can’t recall Moder successfully playing just in front of our CB’s. Baleba is a work in progress.

For one reason or another the club failed in that department last summer. We’ve had a slow, soft centre.

They don’t have to cost Caicedo money. Palhinha cost £20m, Endo £16m for example.
If only Dahoud was Gundogan-esque, he'd be still with us. Gundogan is one of the most underrated CMs of this generation, in no small part because he can play multiple roles. One of which was filling in for Rodri when not playing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If only Dahoud was Gundogan-esque, he'd be still with us. Gundogan is one of the most underrated CMs of this generation, in no small part because he can play multiple roles. One of which was filling in for Rodri when not playing.

When I read that last night, I think it was on a German website, I immediately thought a very poor man's Gundogan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here