Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wouldn't have said this a year ago but, great team, although Gross has to start ahead of Lallana.
In terms of March, playing on the right seems to open up more options for him, in that he's better at going either way: getting to the byline, or cutting inside opening things up on his left foot.

Yep, after at least 10 seconds deliberation Gross for Lallana seems sensible

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love Solly and have done ever since he came through a decade ago (see above^ as one example). Yet, I can still recognise his qualities and what he gives to the team while still being utterly frustrated by his goal return: four in five seasons is poor, probably extremely poor, for someone that has played so many minutes, most of which are high up the pitch.

Same.

Yet you write that and one bunch of myopic morons are on you for 'hating the Albion and being so negative all the time'.
While another bunch completely agree finishing off with 'yeah he should definitely be shot at dawn'.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
On Lamptey, I think when we see him these days it’s mostly higher up the pitch. I think his pace is more obvious when he starts runs from deeper and has much more space to run into, neither of which happens when he’s used more as a winger. The pace is still there

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Oh yeah, he's still fast, no doubt. But he used to seem superhuman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th8163uQbEw

The thing is though , as is apparent from a lot of those clips , is that mostly the answer to pace like that is to foul the player sometimes by pulling or holding but also by scything him down and attempting to slow him down by breaking him ! There is only so much of this behaviour that a body can stand both physically and mentally .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That's one way to look at it.

The other, more likely scenario is that the fat Greek owner is a nutter who will just keep on spending.

What I'm unsure about is how this is covered by financial fair play ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Saw the Morgan Gibbs-White transfer news and thought of you... Looks like you may have hit the nail on the head.

I daren't imagine what this is all costing them in wages. Notts* Forest are an accident waiting to happen.

* - Yes I'm calling them 'Notts'. I know they moan about 'Notts' being an abbreviation of the county and not the city, but its not, it's just an abbreviation with a letter added to avoid the confusion of calling them 'Nott Forest', (Well if they're not Forest, who are they then?) or the unpronouncable 'Nottm Forest'. There's no such county as 'Derby' but their fans don't insist that we all refer to them as 'Derbs County' do they? There's no such place called 'Nottingham Forest' anyway, its Sherwood Forest and that's right over on the other side of the Trent. Get over yourselves.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Song for Pervis. To the tune Perfect by Fairground Attraction:
It's got to beeeee Pervis
It's got to beeeee Pervis
Too many people take second best but I won't take anything less,
It's got to beeeee Peerrerrrerrrvis

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Do you see any possibility that Pervis is played as a left centre back, as Cucu was towards the end of last season?

In effect it would be taking the decision to drop (probably) Webster instead of (probably) Lallana and keeping Trossard at LWB.

I'm not necessarily advocating it, more mulling it over as a possibility. I see it as an attacking option with the advantage that it gives you more opportunity to blood attacking players like Mitoma. The disadvantage is the you lose a fair bit of power from the back line and Webby is clearly a fine player, though whoever gets dropped from this team you'd have to say is unlucky.

Maybe it's more likely as an option an hour into a game if we need a goal. Anyone else considered this?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
There was one point late on where he had the ball in the left-back position and was being harried by their player. No-one bothered to go and help him out as they obviously just had confidence that he would come out with the ball. Which he did.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Gave me the same feeling as Cucu's first game, in terms of he looked a player instantly at home in the Premier League. The guy is obviously going to be decent, was part of a Champions League semi final team last year, beating Bayern and Juve along the way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He looked comfortable with and without the ball and put in a lovely cross that March should have buried.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's no way I'm supporting England in Qatar.

#TeamEcuador.

Well there's one way but we all know that ain't happening.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Pervis Estupiñán,
He had a master plan,
He said to me and you,
“I’ll pay in white and blue”

He felt it everywhere,
As he breathed in the sea air

It was simply meant to be,