Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perspective

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Just because you spout bullshit over and over again, doesn't make it true. Most true fans don't believe Gus' tactics were perfect but we also know they were far from negative and boring most of the time, especially once we signed Ulloa but don't let the truth get in the way of your rants.

I've got that hateful bile-spitter on ignore and i wish everyone else would so i don't have to ever set eyes on that repugnant stain in our fanhood.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Brighton need to get a decent youth set up. The way to be sustainable at this level is to produce your own talent.

This. If the reports about rifts in playing budget are right (and poogate, Vicente, clappers etc are just an embarrassing sideshow to the main argument), Poyet simply had to go – he must understand the constraints that Financial Fair Play put on the club; basically if it overspends it will suffer financial penalty and having a transfer embargo placed on it, the reason that Bloom is investing so heavily in the new Training facilities. Bloom is in this for the long-term, and if Poyet bought into that (as he seemd to not so long ago), he could have had a long stay.

It seems as if Poyet is too impatient to meet his own ambitions of managing in the Premiership and has shot himself in the foot as a result.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, it's club policy to let players/staff speak to other clubs if they meet the fee that we want.

But keep dreaming in your own world of doom and gloom that its all bad - will someone please think of the children !!

Only if they go through the correct channels and get permission, and the compensation is agreed ???

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This. If the reports about rifts in playing budget are right (and poogate, Vicente, clappers etc are just an embarrassing sideshow to the main argument), Poyet simply had to go – he must understand the constraints that Financial Fair Play put on the club; basically if it overspends it will suffer financial penalty and having a transfer embargo placed on it, the reason that Bloom is investing so heavily in the new Training facilities. Bloom is in this for the long-term, and if Poyet bought into that (as he seemd to not so long ago), he could have had a long stay.

It seems as if Poyet is too impatient to meet his own ambitions of managing in the Premiership and has shot himself in the foot as a result.

I think, in fairness to Poyet, you are never guaranteed a job as a manager. There were already fans criticising him for not getting into the top two this season and, if we didn't get into at least the top six next season, there would be more people calling for a change. If Poyet genuinely didn't believe the budget was enough to get top six again, he has the right to tell Tony that and offer his resignation. However, he went about it the wrong way doing it after the game on Monday and should have told Tony in private.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I think, in fairness to Poyet, you are never guaranteed a job as a manager. There were already fans criticising him for not getting into the top two this season and, if we didn't get into at least the top six next season, there would be more people calling for a change. If Poyet genuinely didn't believe the budget was enough to get top six again, he has the right to tell Tony that and offer his resignation. However, he went about it the wrong way doing it after the game on Monday and should have told Tony in private.

Agree - would depend though to the extent that Tony resists external pressure in the situation where the dogs are out. Instinctively he is a Kenwright rather than an Abramovich and would stick to the slow build model. This is why it is all so puzzling. Haven't they had this discussion?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Agree - would depend though to the extent that Tony resists external pressure in the situation where the dogs are out. Instinctively he is a Kenwright rather than an Abramovich and would stick to the slow build model. This is why it is all so puzzling. Haven't they had this discussion?

Yes, I agree Tony wouldn't be quick to pull the trigger. However, if enough fans want a manager out, it becomes difficult to stick by them. I just hope in a few weeks we will have a new manager in place and Gus will have left and we can look back on the positives of a manager who did a great job for this club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here