Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry's Training Ground Tour (You Tube)

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's really impressive and shows the ambition to become a top class club.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Martin Perry is such an Albion legend.

This training complex really will transform this club, for the first time in our history we will have the facilities to bring through world class players. Give it 10 years or so and there will be Sussex born players in the England ranks.

Pretty sure we've already had that. Would be great to see some actually playing for the Albion and England at the same time. Something which I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. Such an amazing turnaround from where we were not long ago. I must admit I sometimes pine for the old days, but not for long :smile:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
To think that some posters on Nsc thought he was deliberately messing up the planning permission for the Amex to delay it, so that he could get to retirement age without being out of a job!!

I love the recent Albion Roar description of 'Retirement Dodger Martin Perry'. Brilliant.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Incredible progress!! How on earth can we afford it & keep it running

Doubt it's very cheap having to hire training pitches and facilities all over the place like we do now, Can't wait to see the new place up and running though as it looks brilliant every time I drive past it.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I heard that the development matches will be held there instead of Culver Road. Surely we'll be able to amble along and watch? (Can't see them having a bar though)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Doubt it's very cheap having to hire training pitches and facilities all over the place like we do now, Can't wait to see the new place up and running though as it looks brilliant every time I drive past it.

I am sure you're right but this is a new level. However it looks bloody stunning world class facilities

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
I went there recently and it blew me away. The scale of the place is unreal and the layout would impress any prospective player (and their agent!!)and drive academy players to reach the first team squad.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I went to a meeting last Thursday and Paul Rogers was in attendance. Had some interesting things to say:
1) The DS squad will hopefully still play their games at Sussex FA, BHA looked at roll out seating but have decided it is better to stay at Culver Road, dependent on Sussex FA agreeing.
2) we have between the 10th to 14th highest wage structure, a reason given for the departure of the last group of players, we weren't willing to meet demands.
3) The training ground will cost approx. 3m pa. So we need to raise a 'Bridcutt' every year to make it pay.
4) Oscar has a very tough job in getting us to the play off's (he didn't sound at all confident!)

On the whole, the presentation was really good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here