Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perfect end to a perfect day - STEAM TRAIN DUE AT PRESTON PARK STATION @18:10

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't think of taking up photography as a career.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like steam trains and have enjoyed days out on the Bluebell line, Kent & East Sussex railway and the North York Moors line.

I can't actually see a train - just a large black lump.

Sacrilege, it is a thing of beauty! I believe that there is a real life driver of steam locos who posts on this very board from his exile outside Sussex.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sacrilege, it is a thing of beauty! I believe that there is a real life driver of steam locos who posts on this very board from his exile outside Sussex.

Think he works on a steam line in Kent.

I like steam trains and have enjoyed days out on the Bluebell line, Kent & East Sussex railway and the North York Moors line.
I remember, when my kids were little, persuading them to stand next to the railway line that runs past our house - because a steam-hauled train was going to pass by. Their reaction was less than enthusiastic. "We've been on the Bluebell Railway. This will be just the same" was what they thought. "It'll be very different", I promised. And it was.

Why? Simple. The 'real' railway has a 90mph speed limit. When the train flew past, the kids were truly impressed.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

That might be me!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
One day you may see steam trains on a regular basis at Haywards Heath Station when the Bluebell breaks through however it looks twenty years away mainly due to the problem of line sharing north of the Heath railway station. money not the problem it's the line sharing. Space for a platform for the bluebell has been reserved on the east side .i hope that these issues can be resolved as would love to take a trip to East Grinsted by steam sooner than later. Take a look at the Bluebell web Site.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember, when my kids were little, persuading them to stand next to the railway line that runs past our house - because a steam-hauled train was going to pass by. Their reaction was less than enthusiastic. "We've been on the Bluebell Railway. This will be just the same" was what they thought. "It'll be very different", I promised. And it was.

Why? Simple. The 'real' railway has a 90mph speed limit. When the train flew past, the kids were truly impressed.

I can remember standing on Fishersgate Halt's footbridge when the Flying Scotsman did it's farewell tour.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
One day you may see steam trains on a regular basis at Haywards Heath Station when the Bluebell breaks through however it looks twenty years away mainly due to the problem of line sharing north of the Heath railway station. money not the problem it's the line sharing. Space for a platform for the bluebell has been reserved on the east side .i hope that these issues can be resolved as would love to take a trip to East Grinsted by steam sooner than later. Take a look at the Bluebell web Site.

No need for line sharing. There's an extra line all the way from Copyhold Junction to where they could build a separate Bluebell platform at HH.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You will never ****ing guess what ?

I would. I was just getting my dinner ready and I thought I heard a puff puff of a steam train. Na. there was only one the other day. A minute or two later when the points were in it's favour opposite my house, the driver put his foot down and it shot passed chuffing away. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here