Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peregrine Falcon webcam, Sussex Heights (next to Churchill Sq)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is it just me or did anybody else open the thread assuming that Peregrine Falcon was the latest exotically-named local councillor as per Dave Lepper or Nimrod Ping? :moo:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Good thread, I've had a look at the cam from time to time.

Was looking at it last year, when the chicks had hatched. All looked healthy except one that was obviously smaller. Mum was feeding, and big chicks dominated to get the food. Started to feel sorry for the small one, until Mum made sure he/she got some raw pigeon.
Well done Mum.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Good thread, I've had a look at the cam from time to time.

Was looking at it last year, when the chicks had hatched. All looked healthy except one that was obviously smaller. Mum was feeding, and big chicks dominated to get the food. Started to feel sorry for the small one, until Mum made sure he/she got some raw pigeon.
Well done Mum.

Raw pigeon, as opposed to....grilled?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Dad just brought some Pigeon in for late lunch.
Teased the family with it by ripping it's feet off, then dragged the headless carcass back outdoors.

Tease.

1.png

2.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like another one is due.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I love this stuff.

I started the original Peregrine falcon at the Amex thread and had been keeping an eye out for it all the time.

This season I moved to SWC so haven't spotted it. I have been keeping half an eye out for it but not this season, and thinking back I can't remember seeing it last season either.

I've been mad on birds of prey since I met a falconer at the chalk pit north of Lewes on the Ringmer Road when he allowed me to hold his Buzzard.

For the next few years (with my dad accompanying) I went flying regularly with him.

Before the tesco was built at lewes we used to fly his Lanner falcon there with telemetry on the bird and use a long lure. That was such a buzz.

The pinnacles were going out with his Peregrine and the dogs hunting game birds and his Harris hawk and ferrets for rabbits.

All birds of prey are perfect predators and have my utmost respect. The sight of a Peregrine swooping a pheasant or a Harris Hawk catching a rabbit will live with me forever.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
I love this stuff.

I started the original Peregrine falcon at the Amex thread and had been keeping an eye out for it all the time.

This season I moved to SWC so haven't spotted it. I have been keeping half an eye out for it but not this season, and thinking back I can't remember seeing it last season either.

I've been mad on birds of prey since I met a falconer at the chalk pit north of Lewes on the Ringmer Road when he allowed me to hold his Buzzard.

For the next few years (with my dad accompanying) I went flying regularly with him.

Before the tesco was built at lewes we used to fly his Lanner falcon there with telemetry on the bird and use a long lure. That was such a buzz.

The pinnacles were going out with his Peregrine and the dogs hunting game birds and his Harris hawk and ferrets for rabbits.

All birds of prey are perfect predators and have my utmost respect. The sight of a Peregrine swooping a pheasant or a Harris Hawk catching a rabbit will live with me forever.

My old man used to train them. Tauht me to keep my eyes open at all times. can learn a lot from prey birds

Regards

DR

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
get yourself a pair of decent binos and you get a great view of these from Churchill Square. 8x42 is about right.

I could look at those birds for hours, saw a pair of chiffchaffs down at Cuckmere haven last week & a couple of Ringed Plovers. still waiting for my first cuckoo of the year though

Regards
DR

There's a pair (of cuckoo's) nesting in Queens park, in the trees where the path crosses the water feature 'stream'...:thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Is that what he told you it was?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here