Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - social media

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was thinking more from an engagement with actual fans perspective - as you don’t really see many of our fans commenting on posts anymore which does reduce engagement with real fans.

I guess the club are making a fair bit from selling Tau shirts and other gear though so probably positives outweigh the negatives.

Facebook has always provided a very low bar in terms of the comments from fans; one of the many reasons to read NSC.

And yes, the club are actively marketing to South Africa which is great news for our commercial team.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is it really any different from what certain other "fans" were saying on social and proper media a month ago demanding a change in Manager

Are demanding a change in manager? Maybe a different manager would give Tau a game.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Im guessing the club just see it as weathering the storm or just ignoring it ,confident in the fact that they have a great player in Percy tau but needs time to settle,but when he is featuring more regularly then the SA fanbase will be a tsunami of positivity for the club.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Anyone else really bored of the South African ultras on social media spamming every club post about Percy Tau? It was amusing at first but I’m wondering whether it’s becoming a problem for the club now, every single post they put out even when completely unrelated is filled up with Percy tau comments and in many instances abuse about why he’s not playing.

Or is it a case of good publicity for us and I’m just being a git?
Someone starts a thread about the size and how the club can get bigger, first signs of a growing international fan base and you ask is it a problem for the club ??? :lolol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why has Tau only started 1 PL game....demand umpteen million South Africans on the Albion twitter feed around 7pm on Monday night as the team line up is released and Tau is again on the bench,

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They are a bit of a one track record (with a scratch)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I imagine Barber is delighted that it's impossible to gauge the opinion of any Albion fan from the club social media these days now it's loaded with Tau fans. Much easier than having to block everyone who dares criticise the current regime

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here