[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We also don’t really play with a ‘#10’. Which makes our reasoning for continuing to buy them somewhat perplexing...

I wouldn't say Tau is a number 10- he doesn't play off the striker.
When he creates goals it tends to be out wide, on the break, using his pace. He is left footed but mostly drifts out to the right. But he likes to be involved and comes quite deep to receive it.
From what i've seen his main asset is pace. And we need pace.
But, we do seem to have a lot of similar players.

That's why the Moder signing is far more exciting IMHO.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
What are the odds we don’t see Percy and Modor for a couple of months I wonder.

We do tend to have a very... let’s say overdrawn onboarding process at this club.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

We do tend to have a very... let’s say overdrawn onboarding process at this club.

4sr9xc.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I wouldn't say Tau is a number 10- he doesn't play off the striker.
When he creates goals it tends to be out wide, on the break, using his pace. He is left footed but mostly drifts out to the right. But he likes to be involved and comes quite deep to receive it.
From what i've seen his main asset is pace. And we need pace.
But, we do seem to have a lot of similar players.

That's why the Moder signing is far more exciting IMHO.

I've read a bit of this Tau is a midfielder, Tau is a winger stuff.

The only thing i'd add, is that where a player plays at a club is down to more than just his preference and isn't necessarily his best position.

So for example at the club he was loaned to, maybe the manager wants to play with a target man pushing Percy out wide. Maybe the manager sees his as the best footballer and wants him involved deeper where he'll get the ball more. Maybe their squad is rammed with forwards. Maybe they've had a tonne of injuries in attacking midfield.

If someone bought Burn off us, their fans might look at his average position and assume he's a LWB. It doesn't mean he is one.

Personally I still think it more likely Tau will be competing with Welbeck and Maupay for a spot, rather than March or Lallana.

Time will tell

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I've read a bit of this Tau is a midfielder, Tau is a winger stuff.

The only thing i'd add, is that where a player plays at a club is down to more than just his preference and isn't necessarily his best position.

So for example at the club he was loaned to, maybe the manager wants to play with a target man pushing Percy out wide. Maybe the manager sees his as the best footballer and wants him involved deeper where he'll get the ball more. Maybe their squad is rammed with forwards. Maybe they've had a tonne of injuries in attacking midfield.

If someone bought Burn off us, their fans might look at his average position and assume he's a LWB. It doesn't mean he is one.

Personally I still think it more likely Tau will be competing with Welbeck and Maupay for a spot, rather than March or Lallana.

Time will tell
Not forgetting Connolly of course, in my view as dangerous a striker as any we have, IF we give him the proper service combined with a run in the team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not forgetting Connolly of course, in my view as dangerous a striker as any we have, IF we give him the proper service combined with a run in the team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Certainly not forgetting him and I agree with you

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Nailed on. One of the most frustrating elements of Potter (and Hughton before him) is that new signings never get bloodied straight away and have to go through some sort of neverending initiation before getting a chance.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Nailed on. One of the most frustrating elements of Potter (and Hughton before him) is that new signings never get bloodied straight away and have to go through some sort of neverending initiation before getting a chance.

Potter is no where near as bad as Hughton was. We'd still be waiting to see Lamptey play if we still had Hughton. Welbeck got a run far earlier than any Hughton signings that I can recall as well. For me, with Hughton, a new signing meant waiting until the next season to see them play. At least with Potter it's the same season!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Potter is no where near as bad as Hughton was. We'd still be waiting to see Lamptey play if we still had Hughton. Welbeck got a run far earlier than any Hughton signings that I can recall as well. For me, with Hughton, a new signing meant waiting until the next season to see them play. At least with Potter it's the same season!

Locadia ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Same with any manager not managing a team able to buy established players from big leagues.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Apart from Trossard, Maupay, Lallana, Welbeck, Lamptey, Gross, Propper, Ryan, Suttner, Montoya ............ ........................

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apart from Trossard, Maupay, Lallana, Welbeck, Lamptey, Gross, Propper, Ryan, Suttner, Montoya ............ ............Webster, White...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports