[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
The flood of South African responses on Twitter is excellent/hilarious. My favourite: "Nelson Mandela was a Brighton & Hove Albion fan" :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He's here!

Thomas_and_Friends_Percy.jpg

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I believe Bozza is currently at a COBRA meeting on what is going to happen once the south africans discover NSC.
I don't think it will be at quite the same level as when the Prince of Persia arrived.

A huge number of South Africans have no idea at all about who Percy Tau is. I was in South Africa just after we signed him and was chatting to my (black South African) taxi-driver about football - he was a big Chelsea fan - and he had no idea who he was despite me pointing out that he had been SA Footballer of the Year the previous season. I was then talking to a colleague (white South African) who has a season ticket at Anfield and used to get to at least half the home games (his business trips were very carefully timed) and he also had not the faintest idea who PT was.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I believe Bozza is currently at a COBRA meeting on what is going to happen once the south africans discover NSC.

The only time [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] associates with Cobra is with a curry. Veggie Vindaloo I believe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is an incredibly quick turn around compared to pre-Brexit. Can see an absolute influx of non-EU players.

In the long term yes, you would have thought so.

But I'll Eden a guess the turn around in this case has been so quick because the club has had every I dotted and T crossed for weeks even months.

They've probably had a whole host of back and forth's with the required Whitehall departments, so were ready for the green light moments after the doors opened.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Look forward to seeing him in the stripes :thumbsup: l

(Remember, he gets a full half hour from me to prove himself, I don’t believe in making snap decisions :wink:)

You’ve given AJ three seasons and still haven’t given in [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That is an incredibly quick turn around compared to pre-Brexit. Can see an absolute influx of non-EU players.

A microcosm of the wider Brexit impact - we keep out those pesky Europeans, but "balance the books" with non-EU nationals. Net migration from the EU was down below 50k last year, whilst net migration from Non-EU countries zoomed up to nearly 300k. Without wanting to get into a Brexit debate, I imagine this is NOT necessarily what Nigel Farage and his ilk were looking to achieve!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A microcosm of the wider Brexit impact - we keep out those pesky Europeans, but "balance the books" with non-EU nationals. Net migration from the EU was down below 50k last year, whilst net migration from Non-EU countries zoomed up to nearly 300k. Without wanting to get into a Brexit debate, I imagine this is NOT necessarily what Nigel Farage and his ilk were looking to achieve!
This rather boring argument was hashed out on the awful Brexit thread many times. Nigel Farage and co were all quite aware of the consequence and often cited that people should be allowed to migrate on the basis of their qualification rather than an accident of birth yet for some reason a lot of remain supporters can't grasp it. If people have a problem with the new criteria, it would suggest that they are rather closer in attitude to the very people they aim distain at for harbouring racist attitudes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You’ve given AJ three seasons and still haven’t given in [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it was a defender you’d have been the same :lolol:

and no I hope Ali J stays but I totally get why he wants to look elsewhere, never got the run I feel he needed. If he’s not gonna get it someone else will see the best of him. Model professional too

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This rather boring argument was hashed out on the awful Brexit thread many times. Nigel Farage and co were all quite aware of the consequence and often cited that people should be allowed to migrate on the basis of their qualification rather than an accident of birth yet for some reason a lot of remain supporters can't grasp it. If people have a problem with the new criteria, it would suggest that they are rather closer in attitude to the very people they aim distain at for harbouring racist attitudes.

Good point. The new system is theoretically much fairer. But if you look at the infamous "Breaking Point" poster that Farage championed - those are NOT European faces. One of the key issues in the Brexit debate was the feeling that "foreigners" (and in this case, EU citizens) were taking the jobs of Brits, and blocking access to schools, doctors, etc, for Brits. The reality is that - as a country - we need (and massively benefit from) immigration, and that in future significant net immigration will continue. That may or may not be what Leavers wanted to achieve. My guess is probably not.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good point. The new system is theoretically much fairer. But if you look at the infamous "Breaking Point" poster that Farage championed - those are NOT European faces. One of the key issues in the Brexit debate was the feeling that "foreigners" (and in this case, EU citizens) were taking the jobs of Brits, and blocking access to schools, doctors, etc, for Brits. The reality is that - as a country - we need (and massively benefit from) immigration, and that in future significant net immigration will continue. That may or may not be what Leavers wanted to achieve. My guess is probably not.

I agree about the poster. It was despicable.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Come on then! Where are all these South African NSCers? Are we about to be overrun?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports