Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It looked tight but I agree with you - can't believe it was allowed. They'll need to prove that somehow otherwise people are going to be asking what the point of VAR actually is.

Not seen it back yet as had to leave to go to work before I saw VAR replay, was it offside?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm an advocate of VAR if it can be improved but how on Earth it's allowed that RM goal is beyond me.
VAR is an incredibly important tool for helping rich clubs on the off chance the ref has failed to help them first time

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NINTCHDBPICT000527209468.jpg

I think they've been generous with that. 77 is perhaps close to playing him on, but we've all seen goals chalked off for that. No WAY would that have been allowed for BHA, as we know.

The last thing UEFA want is Real struggling in the group though, obvs.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Graham Hunter on TalkSport this morning pretty much spuffing his load over his cornflakes about Tau's performance saying he was "electric" and how we should recall him instantly (can we do that?).

It was about 7:55 if anyone wants to go back and have a listen.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Graham Hunter on TalkSport this morning pretty much spuffing his load over his cornflakes about Tau's performance saying he was "electric" and how we should recall him instantly (can we do that?).

It was about 7:55 if anyone wants to go back and have a listen.

We CAN recall him instantly. It’s just he can’t live or play football here.....

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Remember that there a several people on here who have posted on this thread that they have it on good authority from club insiders that we have no intention at all of ever playing Tau or MacAllister. They are purely an investment. We’ll see.

Oh and why can't he live here?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do you need a work permit to live somewhere? I know the Govt are talking hardball about freedom of movement, so maybe they have stopped this.

Never been any different has it ? You can’t simply rock up and live here from SA - you even need a visa to visit as a tourist from SA (which would be time-limited and wouldn’t allow you to work here anyway). For working here the are various types of visa that can be applied for........

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

I think they've been generous with that. 77 is perhaps close to playing him on, but we've all seen goals chalked off for that. No WAY would that have been allowed for BHA, as we know.

Similar to Percy for Brugge's first goal, both were onside.

Lumii_20191002_113221117.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

We can't recall any loan player instantly, that rule no longer exists. Recalls can only be made during a transfer window if the clause to do so was included at the time the original loan deal was agreed. But otherwise you are correct Tua can't live or work here so it would be a pointless exercise to recall him.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Remember that there a several people on here who have posted on this thread that they have it on good authority from club insiders that we have no intention at all of ever playing Tau or MacAllister. They are purely an investment. We’ll see.

Oh and why can't he live here?

I don't believe that.

I can believe however the initial intent was purely profit, but IF it turned out that one of these two (or other player we own) was actually pretty bloody good, and able to deliver at top level, of course we'd want them in the squad. it simply wouldn't make sense otherwise. the fact Tau had a good game vs Real Madrid will certainly keep interest high.

The bigger question is would he want to play for us now? He has no hope of getting CL football while a Brighton player and has probably never even heard of Burnley or Bournemouth let alone being desperate to visit their wonderful (!?) stadia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I've only just noticed that freeze frame is a bit of a wrong'un.

That's an awful long way from being in line with the last man.
I'll hazard a guess, from that angle, the RM player would look offside even if there was daylight between him and the player on the far side.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bigger question is would he want to play for us now? He has no hope of getting CL football while a Brighton player and has probably never even heard of Burnley or Bournemouth let alone being desperate to visit their wonderful (!?) stadia.

Hopefully he'll come here with the same ethos as Big Jurg:-

'Make a name for myself then sing for Utd in 12 months time'.

Kerching - everybody's happy.

...wait what?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
We can't recall any loan player instantly, that rule no longer exists. Recalls can only be made during a transfer window if the clause to do so was included at the time the original loan deal was agreed. But otherwise you are correct Tua can't live or work here so it would be a pointless exercise to recall him.

To be honest I was just being flippant, and just trying to make the point he wouldn’t be allowed to work or live here, as it stands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here