Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] People who have impressed/surprised you so far through this crisis (and who's been crap)

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Have to say after watching Morgan lay into Coffey and the laughing care minister today,both well out of their depth and from a purely public point of view frightening to watch their appalling performance. On the plus Capt Tom and frontline Nhs,care and those with so little protection of which there are to many.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My kids (son,8 and daughter,10) have been brilliant. Their whole world has been turned upside down. No school, no friends, no football, no gymnastics, no trips to Pizza Express or the trampoline park or the toy shop. No Junior Parkrun. Just the house. Or the garden. That's it. And just as the weather is turning great.

BUT - they don't complain. :shrug: They just get on with it.

I know this is a bit self-indulgent, but they have been fantastic about all of this.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The staff in my local Asda, many of them very young and having to diplomatically deal with fully grown adults having tantrums over ready meals and being asked to socially distance. Very impressed indeed.

Unimpressed with so many people but cannot be bothered to list them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Chancellor is a very impressive individual,,to the point,doesn’t try and sugar coat and on the whole does not tolerate stupid questions from idiots like Peston and Kuensberg, those two inadequates have shown themselves to be the two bob hacks that they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Could that be because quite often they have pointed out the ludicrous, ridiculous and insane effects of Brexit ?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Plus

Rishi and Hancock plus the Scientists that Boris has brought in.....good to see a Governement relying in the very most on science......

Negatives

Starmer- Pathetic and shows us what it would have been like if Labour had won last year.
Andy Burnham- Quite happy to criticse anything that happens in London whilst patently failing to stop partygoers and Mancunian idiots from their atrocious behaviours.
Sadiq Khan-Jeez this guy is the real pants deal......here's hoping he gets ejected at the next mayoral elections.
Nicola 'Adolph' Sturgeon- Can;' even begin to work with the rest of the UK. In charge of a really corrupt and dishonourable Scottish Government which we can hopefuly kick out next year.
BBC and to a lesser extent ITV- Such negative and biased reporting....no real attept to report but a strong desire to sensationalise.Like the Sun newspaper but on TV.

TNBA

TTF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Never forgiven this piece of filth.
3b9760d03c4c614c73dae936e50d2dcd.jpg
Didn't reporters on his paper hack the voicemail of the late Milly Dowler's phone?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Totally forgiven now though, after his excellent handling of the Covid-19 crisis.
Is he forgiven for his role on the Viglen share scandal now too?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another vote for Rishi Sunak as most impressive.

Least impressive I would put as a "thing" rather than person. Step forward The Guardian. Scaremongering, point scoring and resorting to clickbait headlines. My previous go-to paper and website has become unreadable.

There - a Tory in most impressive and a mainstay of the liberal elite as most shit. Blimey.

Totally agree about The Guardian. I always turn to the Independent and Guardian websites. But from from day one The Guardian has been a posher version of the crap Express with hyperbole, seldom mentioning positive angles that have covered and almost revelling in any bad UK stats.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Plus

Rishi and Hancock plus the Scientists that Boris has brought in.....good to see a Governement relying in the very most on science......

Negatives

Starmer- Pathetic and shows us what it would have been like if Labour had won last year.
Andy Burnham- Quite happy to criticse anything that happens in London whilst patently failing to stop partygoers and Mancunian idiots from their atrocious behaviours.
Sadiq Khan-Jeez this guy is the real pants deal......here's hoping he gets ejected at the next mayoral elections.
Nicola 'Adolph' Sturgeon- Can;' even begin to work with the rest of the UK. In charge of a really corrupt and dishonourable Scottish Government which we can hopefuly kick out next year.
BBC and to a lesser extent ITV- Such negative and biased reporting....no real attept to report but a strong desire to sensationalise.Like the Sun newspaper but on TV.

TNBA

TTF
Not a natural Labour voter then?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good - Sunak, Prof Whitty, Dr Jenny, Boris, Captain Tom, Bloom/Barber/Potter - absolute leaders amongst their peers on almost everything, Prof Karol Sikora,

Crap - firstly almost all of the press. Constant sniping and negativity, continued pushing on subjects when it's clear there's nothing more to say (....but I WANT to KNOW exactly what the exit from lockdown looks like NOW.......' etc), Starmer (had a real opportunity coming in to be a little above simple part politics but couldn't stop himself)

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Jenny Harries, she makes me feel horny in a strange kind of way, too long at home by myself I guess.
I have missed her the last couple of days tho.....

(Also LlcoolJ and Weststander for their patient and sound financial advice)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Hancock has done better than expected but still feels he's a bit out of his depth. Don't get the praise today and was evasive but he puts himself up to scrutiny unlike the rest of the party. He will spectacularly miss every target he's set himself too.

Heros - besides the NHS and teachers I'm impressed with supermarket staff. They had s hit time with all of the panic buying but seem to work everyday and they're definetly at risk.

Villain - Johnson. His bluster and shaking hands with coronavirus patients was ridiculous. Actually whoever pushed for the lockdown not to start earlier.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Good - Sunak, Prof Whitty, Dr Jenny, Boris, Captain Tom, Bloom/Barber/Potter - absolute leaders amongst their peers on almost everything, Prof Karol Sikora,

Crap - firstly almost all of the press. Constant sniping and negativity, continued pushing on subjects when it's clear there's nothing more to say (....but I WANT to KNOW exactly what the exit from lockdown looks like NOW.......' etc), Starmer (had a real opportunity coming in to be a little above simple part politics but couldn't stop himself)

I'm in the minority but disagree with all this Starmer bashing. He's not asking for dates just a plan as things stand. Don't forgot we weren't that prepared for this (not working with the EU, ventilators, PPE, closing down travel, closing pubs etc) as well as we could have been and at one point our plan was herd immunity before quite radically shifting course thankfully. Planning for this in 3 weeks/3 months is no bad thing. Also understand the gov's position about sharing too much as it's too early.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm with you on Hancock, certainly gone up in my eyes.

Deeply unimpressed with Raab, seems completely out of his depth and uncomfortable in the glare of the media. I guess Boris didn't want anyone with the potential to upstage him as his stand-in.

But Hancock has spun lie after lie after lie. He might deliver them well behind the podium but their still lies, from the number of tests he keeps promising to the supply of PPE.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This BBC regional weather forecaster, working from home, has impressed me greatly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here