Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People watching on holiday

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
China's middle classes are growing at a huge rate so this is only going to continue, unless their economy completely tanks

A wander through any "posh"/independent department stores in any European city in summer shows how much cash they're pouring in

Interesting that a country that actually makes stuff is doing so well. It makes you wonder why nations decided not to really bother any more.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'd imagine the Chinese people who work 18 hour days in the factories making all our tat, aren't the same ones holidaying to Europe spending 100 euros on a boat trip.

This is very true. Perhaps we should make our own tat....... or not buy tat.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I would say they are a hell of a lot more polite that the Japanese, but that may just be a cultural thing.

Amazed by this comment to be honest. Not having a pop, just very surprised.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
People watching at Hangleton Sainsburys is infinitely preferable to doing it overseas (unless you're killing time in Bangkok Airport, the best people watching place on the planet). The amount of bickering couples doing the rounds of the Hangleton Sainsburys aisles makes it worth going in alone, even if you don't intend making a purchase. Do it soon.

What before it changes and they bring in singles nights or same sex couple shopping experiences only?

Long gone will be the likes of:

"I told you the roll mops are in the world food section Dave. You can be such a **** sometimes"

"Yeah I know Shaz but if you want the proper ones you've got to to go to the deli section you melon!"

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
@granny weather wax
I'm hoping to go to Venice next May. Any tops to avoid the crowds and tourist prices? As we're 'bloody foreigners' over here we tend to avoid tourist traps ourselves but never been. Colleague told us to eat 'cicheti' and bar hop, All' Arco is a good one.

We get bus loads of Japanese over here, I speak a small amount, enough to be polite and tend to find them very friendly, it's the Algerians causing problems over here. That and the English ;-)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
There's nearly always a load of Chinese or Japanese getting on at the Cuckmere Country Park stop when I drive past there. Always wondered if they were students from the universities. It's a beautiful spot, but I don't know why it attracts them in particular. We're usually coming back from Birling Gap or the Beachy Head area and you don't get nearly as many there.

Lots of theories but I have heard that 7 is a lucky number for the Japanese, so go see 7 sisters, or that 7 sisters was featured in a Japanese commercial or soap opera. Anyone know the real truth?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In the last few years there has been a marked increase in walnut coloured, trout lipped, dripping in jewellery and covered in fur Russian women round the ski slopes of Europe. My family love playing the game where you race into the chairlift gates as they wait to get a chair to themselves and their private instructor. The look of disdain as you arrive next to them and they have to let this chairlift go rather than share it with plebs is worth the risk of getting a gate in the groin.

But i think the best people watching experiences on holiday were Ibiza old town albeit a few years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here