Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People that still call the Premier League the 'Premiership'

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
oh, and its the Barclays Premier League, i think you'll find. Wilkins says it about 10,000 times every 10 minutes, so you should know by now FFS.

oh, and its the Barclays Premier League, i think you'll find. Wilkins says it about 10,000 times every 10 minutes, so you should know by now FFS.

I wonder how much he gets paid every time he says it?

Maybe he should strike up a deal with the people at Oxford English Dictionary for 'my word'

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Does a VPL exist e.g. Vauxhall Premier League?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
what about those uneducated masses who shop at Tescos then ?
'Tescos' too - wankers.
I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you go to Tesco then? So when you go to see your mate Andy, do you go to Andy? Because if I was friends with Andy (I'm not, he's not weird enough) I'd go to Andy's. When I shop, I go to Tesco's.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you go to Tesco then? So when you go to see your mate Andy, do you go to Andy? Because if I was friends with Andy (I'm not, he's not weird enough) I'd go to Andy's. When I shop, I go to Tesco's.

Well yes, you go to Tesco, which is the name of the shop. Andy's house isn't called Andy... but if it was you would say i am going to Andy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well yes, you go to Tesco, which is the name of the shop.
Debatable. Tesco is the name of the company, and you're going to one of the shops that is owned by them. The building isn't renamed. Go to a shop on the highstreet and it has a number, and while there's a sign showing the name of the company, the building hasn't been renamed.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
What's that programme on sky sports, "The Premiership Years" is it? Well I saw the 2010/11 one a couple of days ago. In which case it should've been called "Premier League Years". Apparently.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Debatable. Tesco is the name of the company, and you're going to one of the shops that is owned by them. The building isn't renamed. Go to a shop on the highstreet and it has a number, and while there's a sign showing the name of the company, the building hasn't been renamed.

Fair point, but you wouldn't say im going to oxfam's or Waitrose's would you? or would you?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair point, but you wouldn't say im going to oxfam's or Waitrose's would you? or would you?
Certainly not the latter, because doesn't flow off the tongue, but that's not an indication of what's right. I think you can get away with Tesco or Tesco's, as you can say you're going to 'shop name' or 'shop owned by'.

If you were going to the school next to the Tesco in Hove, would you go to St Andrew? No, you'd go to St Andrew's (and being a school, you'd hope they've got it right).

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Can't stand the C**ts who refer to the Premiership ( :D ) as the EPL. Dunno if anyones already mentioned this as I was feeling lazy and didn't read through. But it grinds my gears something chronic.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Certainly not the latter, because doesn't flow off the tongue, but that's not an indication of what's right. I think you can get away with Tesco or Tesco's, as you can say you're going to 'shop name' or 'shop owned by'.

If you were going to the school next to the Tesco in Hove, would you go to St Andrew? No, you'd go to St Andrew's (and being a school, you'd hope they've got it right).

Isn't St. Andrew's actually called that though, as in it s name is St Andrew's primary school?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here