Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People of BN3

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Next door neighbour is a councillor. She was on it within seconds of finding out. As you'd expect the NIMBY's all out in force...

NIMBY ? Really ??? You'd like these people on your door step would you ? When they rocked up at St Helen's Green in my neighbourhood they stole stock from the off license, kidnapped a cat, threatened locals who dared walk on the Green and when they finally left, dumped tonnes of rubbish and used the Green as an open toilet. These 'people' ( I use that word at a stretch as what they really are is criminals and scum ) don't give a toss about anyone else and should be dealt with quickly and harshly.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No, that will be the relentless pressure applied to the Police by the councillors and resident associations of the Hove Park area. I live not too far away and am very happy that on this occasion plod have actually used their powers. Unfortunately when the same group rocked up in Shoreham at 2 separate locations on consecutive weeks our local constabulary were far less willing to help and left it to Adur District Council and West Sussex County Council to seek eviction via the courts which takes far longer.

No doubt there are some senior Police Officers living in or around HP.

Agreed. It always helps when you have councillors that get on to the case such as Cllrs Bennett, Barnett and Janio. It's no coincidence that the places where they are moved on quickly have councillors like this yet when they rock up at Preston Park they are left alone. Now see which councillors represent the Preston Park area !!!!

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
NIMBY ? Really ??? You'd like these people on your door step would you ? When they rocked up at St Helen's Green in my neighbourhood they stole stock from the off license, kidnapped a cat, threatened locals who dared walk on the Green and when they finally left, dumped tonnes of rubbish and used the Green as an open toilet. These 'people' ( I use that word at a stretch as what they really are is criminals and scum ) don't give a toss about anyone else have should be dealt with quickly and harshly.

I don't blame people for wanting them to move on...my comment just highlights that nobody wants them in their own back yard. You and me included.

A few months ago, I ran past these caravan people in Worthing (Lyons Farm). Not only was there rubbish all over the place, but the footpath that I ran down next to the travellers was used as a human toilet, with tissue paper everywhere. If these people cleaned up after themselves, went to the tip on a daily basis, there might be a little more sympathy for them. Living like dirty dogs is beyond contempt.

Dec 29, 2011
They were gone at 10pm last night, but left lots of bags of rubbish behind. Didn't even bother throwing it near the bins, just in bags on random bits of grass. Glad to see them moved on so quickly though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here