Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People leaving early

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Couple behind me left their seats in the 61st minute. What is the point of coming??

Maybe they had seen some spare seats elsewhere in the stand that they preferred. Next to some friends perhaps.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
well if i go to another night game il leave early probs no that early but the trains back to were i stay with my partner are insane
wasnt toooo bad for me, left ground at about 9:45, queues for trains looked horrible but moved quite quickly, and back in newhaven at 10:40 ish.
i can deal with that :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Curse of the new stadium, look at Wembley or the Emirates 10 mins before the end people are streaming out

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I would never leave early... Even if I was on a promise from Rachel Riley... Football comes 1st:D

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
i didnt get back till after 11, i left as soon as the game finished its not sign posted that well either, they should have one at the start of the bridge aswell as the end i had to ask people for help a couple of times

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
In a crowd of 16,000 people it's hardly beyond comprehension that a few might need to leave early for whatever reason.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Who knows why they chose to leave as early as the 61st minute, there could be a million reasons none of which are our business.

With regards to the general trait of people leaving from the 80th minute onwards then I'm afraid that's inevitable on a week night when people have all manner of journeys to complete to get home. Again, though it's down to them and the risk they take was shown in the Doncaster game. But if it's a choice of going to the football for 80 mins and being able to make it home that night, or not going at all, then I know which one I would rather do and I'd take a radio to listen to the remainder of the game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Every Johnny Go Early there is, makes it easier for the rest of us to get back in a timely fashion after the final whistle. Hooray for the JGEs.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Midnight here as mill road was a nightmare, wouldn't leave early but will reconsider choice of park n ride since double deckers couldn't serve mill road because of a low bridge yet it seeming the most popular.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simple question could a double decker not be taken to the top of Mill Rd junction with Dyke Road to the area that has barriers up and people walk down to their cars

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Simple question could a double decker not be taken to the top of Mill Rd junction with Dyke Road to the area that has barriers up and people walk down to their cars

Good idea BG, I wouldn't mind walking down Mill road at all if it meant getting home at a reasonable time. You now have to walk up nearly half of Mill road to get on the bus once you've parked the car anyway, so walking back down won't be a problem.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Nice idea in theory but where would the bus stop though? It would be blocking the roundabout and can't pull into Mill Rd as cars are parked right up to the end and will have people trying to get out

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just in Dyke Road near the cafe kiosk/car park. There must be a small block they can go around to turn around and go back to Amex

Just looked on google maps the first road on the right goes around in a square block to go in and then come back out into Dyke Rd to return to The Amex

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here