Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People cheering disallowed goals for up to 5 seconds after it's been disallowed.

For some reason, as soon as it hit the net I knew it wasn't in, which is unlike me.

The entire pub was going mental and I was stood in the middle of it all with arms folded.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Ah the joys of celebrating disallowed goals. I remember Barnet away one year. Thought we had scored. Away section goes mental I slip on the wet terrace steps and ouch that hurts. Drink lots on the return journey back to Haywards heath to numb the pain. Wake up Sunday morning not sure what hurts more, my foot or head. Foot is a purple/yellow colour. Afternoin session to numb tbe pain. Monday morning foot is now black, shoe won't fit on foot as foot is twice the size it ahould be. After nearly 5 hours in A&E at the PRH turns out I broke it celebrating that disallowed goal at Barnet

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I thought Stirling smashed it in the top corner a couple of minutes in last night and went ape-shit for a few seconds until I realised it was the side netting. :ffsparr:

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I'm normally pretty good at checking for the flag, almost become a habitual thing; however, to my disappointment I erupted at the Forest 'goal' and England 'goal' last night and on both occasions was one of the last to realise the mistake.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was more bothered by the nextdoor neighbours with a crowd in the garden watching it on some other form of method to me, so basically about 15 seconds behind me. I'd prepared a woop in my jowl to release, but quickly noticed the ball not in when My 3 Dads belted that one almost goalwards. Of course, those nextdoor started to leap around for a good half minute a quarter of a minute after everyone else has seemingly come to terms with it. I belmed repeatedly throughout the game as they cried for a freekick that i had seen not given so long ago or grew excited at something for most now so ancient.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Not disallowed, but Gascoigne sliding in v Germany in the Euro 96 semi - the whole pub rose as one and went mental. I didn't hear the room groan and swear as one, seconds later, and was still trying to hug people. Horrible memory!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Yeah when sol Campbell scored the header v Argentina in World Cup 98 (France)the pub just went mental, beer going everywhere people crying with joy I was in a 4 man scrum on the floor but after regaining my composure & breath it took a while to sink in that it had been disallowed

And didn't Argentina nearly score seconds later? Talk about mind-bending emotional confusion.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Everyone in the Concorde went MENTAL at Sterling's "goal", pints in the air, everyone thrown on the floor, carnage. I realised before most of the loons around me did though so I was still being bandied about the room because of a bloody SHOT then had about 50 people asking me "why the **** was that disallowed!? ****ing disgrace that ref!!"

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Point to someone who says they've never done that at football, and I will show you a liar!
I cannot remember ever celebrating an offside goal (I probably did when I was a young nipper).

For the past 30 years my football watching process includes ALWAYS allocating sufficient attentional resources to the linesman's flag to be aware that it has been raised before the ball reaches the back of the net.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I cannot remember ever celebrating an offside goal (I probably did when I was a young nipper).

For the past 30 years my football watching process includes ALWAYS allocating sufficient attentional resources to the linesman's flag to be aware that it has been raised before the ball reaches the back of the net.

You've never witnessed a late flag!?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You've never witnessed a late flag!?
I can't recall witnessing a flag that was so late it came significantly after the ball hit the back of the net. You are, of course, right that it must have happened at least once in 30 years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I can't recall witnessing a flag that was so late it came significantly after the ball hit the back of the net. You are, of course, right that it must have happened at least once in 30 years.

I think the OP's point was about those that celebrate for AGES after though I suppose. I have often giving the initial cheer / jumping at the goal, but normally within a second I've managed to look at the linesmen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here